Re: Trend Indicators for MT4

Lightningstorm7 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:38 am Hello Mrtools hows it going? can you please make a SW version for this indicator please it would be greatly appreciated

High - low trend 3.01(mtf + alerts).mq4
High Low Trend

Made this not sure how useful though.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 6):
Lightningstorm7, Chickenspicy, Jedidiah, Krunal Gajjar, navid110, iPar

josi wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:51 am Man, you did it - again!
As far as I am concerned the standard inputs are already perfect.
It is a complete trading system, right there in front of our noses.
You just have to start trading immediately.
Perfection in one indicator - what more can anyone ask for now.
This is not top ten, but number one, man, number one.
Well, you're the man!
Hello Josi

How exactly would you use this indicator? How does it optimize one's trading?

Knight wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:04 am How exactly would you use this indicator? How does it optimize one's trading?
a) the indicator gives you the bias
b) it provides you with entries and exits
c) the su&re tells you when and why to be careful (but isn't really necessary if you always check what has been going on at a certain level before - i. e. check price to the left of current price, zoom out)
If you don't see that - on the screenshot right in front of you - then you won't be able to trade it (as yet).
I follow the price action (higher highs, higher lows - buy vs lower lows. lower highs sell) and the indicator is "only" there to visualize this structure.
"exactly" is a word that asks for precise entry, exit, SL and TP, i. e. a formula:
If you want/need a formula it is better to read Xard's thread and memorize the 2nd dot-narrative (which actually is nothing but: higher highs, higher lows - buy vs lower lows. lower highs sell; visualized by semafores/zigzags [the same thing]; the rest is basically a lot of colour for confirmation because we don't trust what we see).
These users thanked the author josi for the post (total 2):
sal, Knight

higher highs, higher lows - buy
lower lows. lower highs sell;

joshy
i like your clear explanation bro...
i did some some lines plot on arrows ,based on indies where the exact you mentioned above! :) :thumbup:
arrows recently made my mr.tools and its good one
Attachments
These users thanked the author sal for the post:
josi
"There is NO GOD higher than TRUTH" - Mahatma Gandhi

josi wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:27 pm a) the indicator gives you the bias
b) it provides you with entries and exits
c) the su&re tells you when and why to be careful (but isn't really necessary if you always check what has been going on at a certain level before - i. e. check price to the left of current price, zoom out)
If you don't see that - on the screenshot right in front of you - then you won't be able to trade it (as yet).
I follow the price action (higher highs, higher lows - buy vs lower lows. lower highs sell) and the indicator is "only" there to visualize this structure.
"exactly" is a word that asks for precise entry, exit, SL and TP, i. e. a formula:
If you want/need a formula it is better to read Xard's thread and memorize the 2nd dot-narrative (which actually is nothing but: higher highs, higher lows - buy vs lower lows. lower highs sell; visualized by semafores/zigzags [the same thing]; the rest is basically a lot of colour for confirmation because we don't trust what we see).
Thank you for taking your time to reply.

The exact formula i meant is what part of the indicator forms the bias, a zero line cross, the overbought/oversold level, the histogram, as well as the entry and exits.

I already use what you explained at the bottom to kinda trade at the moment, mostly market structure based indicators like high-low trend and to figure out high probability areas of interest, I'm just a bit confused as to how this particular indicator helps you do all you mentioned. So I can know how best to implement it of if I need to tweak.

Knight wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:34 am high-low trend
As far as I know there is no such thing as "high-low trend" but there you are...
a) everybody trades differently (for me higher-TF-bias is more important than trading TF; exit is more important than entry etc)
b) in MrTools screenshot you have one subwindow
(this is all you need; all the other ones only show that you don't trust your setup; the more indicators you use the higher the likelihood that signals will contradict each other and freeze your decision making; trading is about probability, i. e. you always lose some trades; if you have an edge this edge will show over many trades (>1000), not necessaritly over the next 10 or 20): this is the reason you always have to backtest and forward test each strategy extensively)
MA: tells you about bias (above zero = bias is up; below zero = bias is down)
histo: gives you entries and exits (zero-cross) - (actually: turning points after extreme, i. e, slope up vs slope down)
So the inputs you use decide on how you want to replicate market structure.
Having said this: of course, it is more compliated than that
MA: above zero but moving downward is retracement (but can turn into down); below zero but moving upward is retracement (but can turn into up) etc
As I said: if you want a simple formula, Xard is a good starting point because he has tried to visualize market bias (to indicate possible market turning points ("big dots") and higher highs, higher lows vs lower lows, lower highs ("smaller dots")
(Dow theory - one of the earliest market theories around; yet still essential to understand market cycles)
Attachments
These users thanked the author josi for the post (total 3):
sal, Knight, Jedidiah