Re: Something interesting please post here (Metatrader)

Relative Impulse Force MT4

In the calculation algorithm underlying this indicator, the momentum strength of a trading instrument is determined by the ratio of the average value of its rise or fall to the difference between its price and the value of the moving average MA. In accordance with the results of this calculation, in the additional window of the trading chart of the instrument, the indicator builds a histogram whose green bar is a signal of a stronger impulse that occurred up or down from the zero level of the histogram, and its red bar is a signal of a weaker impulse.

According to the author of this indicator, the main task when creating it was to reflect the level of probability of a correction, namely a correction, and not to receive a signal for the beginning of a new movement in the price of a trading instrument. In my opinion, the author of this indicator coped well with this task, and its use as a kind of filter when opening a trading position is quite justified, especially when allocating some time to optimize it for your tasks.

Input parameters of the indicator:

Period - selection of the indicator period;
Method (MA) - selection of the calculation method for the MA moving average;
Shift (MA) - selection of a shift for the MA moving average;
Applied price (MA) - selection of the type of price applied for the moving average MA.
These users thanked the author dmnik for the post (total 5):
traderokey, Jackson Doh, ionone, LittleCaro, FXchaos
Who knows others is wise
Who knows himself is enlightened

[quote=dmnik post_id=1295498381 time=1670928147 user_id=4879736]
Relative Impulse Force MT4

In the calculation algorithm underlying this indicator, the momentum strength of a trading instrument is determined by the ratio of the average value of its rise or fall to the difference between its price and the value of the moving average MA. In accordance with the results of this calculation, in the additional window of the trading chart of the instrument, the indicator builds a histogram whose green bar is a signal of a stronger impulse that occurred up or down from the zero level of the histogram, and its red bar is a signal of a weaker impulse.

According to the author of this indicator, the main task when creating it was to reflect the level of probability of a correction, namely a correction, and not to receive a signal for the beginning of a new movement in the price of a trading instrument. In my opinion, the author of this indicator coped well with this task, and its use as a kind of filter when opening a trading position is quite justified, especially when allocating some time to optimize it for your tasks.

Input parameters of the indicator:

Period - selection of the indicator period;
Method (MA) - selection of the calculation method for the MA moving average;
Shift (MA) - selection of a shift for the MA moving average;
Applied price (MA) - selection of the type of price applied for the moving average MA.

I found this indicator interesting so decided to experiment with it. Added averages, smoothing, alerts, trigger levels and then did a candle version. See what you think.

JD
These users thanked the author Jackson Doh for the post (total 6):
Jedidiah, traderokey, dmnik, LittleCaro, Krunal Gajjar, kvak

Jackson Doh wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:49 pm
Here's a couple of earlier versions before moving to trigger lines, so more in keeping with the original version.
Added averages to RIF: Added smoothing to the averages version:
These users thanked the author Jackson Doh for the post (total 3):
traderokey, dmnik, LittleCaro

RplusT wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:09 pm Thank you for posting the indi. Want to give it a try.
Was trying to change colours and bar thickness as I use a white background and add zero line. Doesn't let me do that.
Hey RplusT,
Not sure what was going on there as didn't change the colour settings. As for the levels I did put something different in which I have changed from 2 levels to 6. The other 4 default to zero until changed. I tested them and they work. On the colours, changing them twice seems to work but not an ideal solution. Think you'll find this version better.
Cheers,
JD
These users thanked the author Jackson Doh for the post (total 3):
RplusT, traderokey, dmnik