Re: Something interesting please post here (Metatrader)

kvak wrote:Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:26 pm In this type indicators it is not possible, because its not like rsi or stochastic where indicator oscilate from down level to up level (like rsi 0-100).
One thing you can try, put a fixed limit level up-down for each indicator as in the picture ....you have to experiment with a number, it depends on your settings
Thank you very much Mr. Kvak, this does help me a lot.

Hi Mr.Tools,

I found this "moving averages crossover arrow" in the MQL5 codebase. This indicator gave earlier arrows than other normal type of MA crossover arrow indicator with using the same type of MA and period, but it cannot be backtest using the tester to check whether it is repaint or backpaint :

2022.04.10 13:18:18.218 2022.02.25 04:00:00 Testing pass stopped due to a critical error in the EA

2022.04.10 13:18:12.712 2022.02.25 00:00:00 [CodeBase] EMA Crossover CADJPY,H4: array out of range in '[CodeBase] EMA Crossover.mq4' (65,40)

It is potential to replace the ZWinner indicator in PumbaPLS trading system if it don't repaint,backpaint, maybe you can take a look for the error and fix it please?

Thank you! :D

The white arrow is this indicator, the green and red arrow is normal ema crossover arrow, both using same method and same period:

For the price action aficionados

you can - of course - also use
The power of Japanese candlestick charts - advanced filtering techniques for trading stocks, futures and Forex
as the same principles apply:
(if one of our fabulous coders were inclined to produce an indicator listing (and/or possibly colouring) candles 1, 2, 3 we could check whether this approach has sufficient merit...)
Attachments

jng640 wrote:Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:38 am Hi Mr.Tools,

I found this "moving averages crossover arrow" in the MQL5 codebase. This indicator gave earlier arrows than other normal type of MA crossover arrow indicator with using the same type of MA and period, but it cannot be backtest using the tester to check whether it is repaint or backpaint :

2022.04.10 13:18:18.218 2022.02.25 04:00:00 Testing pass stopped due to a critical error in the EA

2022.04.10 13:18:12.712 2022.02.25 00:00:00 [CodeBase] EMA Crossover CADJPY,H4: array out of range in '[CodeBase] EMA Crossover.mq4' (65,40)

It is potential to replace the ZWinner indicator in PumbaPLS trading system if it don't repaint,backpaint, maybe you can take a look for the error and fix it please?

Thank you! :D

The white arrow is this indicator, the green and red arrow is normal ema crossover arrow, both using same method and same period:
It doesn't work on a live chart, only posts historical arrows that definitely exclude any false signals so a visual back test is misleading.

This one is the best of the bunch.

dokopy wrote:Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:14 pm My system is mechanical on H4. So far, profitable trades prevail. My broker has a time of GMT + 3 and the shape of the candles corresponds to that. Using the GMT, GMT + 1 and GMT + 2 charts could improve trading. The signal density would increase to the H1 level.
Would anyone be able to help create such graphs? With the indicators working properly.
Hi, broker charts are time stamped and can't be changed. Not seen any mt4 indicator or EA that will do it either. The only option to change the time zone of your charts is by using a third party platform such as ProRealTime or Tradingview but neither of these will run the mt4 indicators you are using for your system.