SadMladen indicators may be tainted

As you know I reverse engineered Decomposed RSI
it's here if you missed it :
viewtopic.php?p=1295459114#p1295459114

and I realized that Mladen version was using wrong Prices. I had a little doubt, because it would've very well been a mistake in my code

but then I analyzed his indicator using a period of 1 and the closes prices and the indicator behave differently than what it should've:
"if you put a period of 1 and compare lows and close prices, you can see here that close prices are going down, but the RSI Gain curve is positive (the RSI Losses curve should be positive in that case)
aaaand, the lows are going up.

so low prices and the curve are in correlation, while close prices and the curve are in opposite correlation"
which means that LOW prices have been used instead of CLOSE prices (with the PRICE_CLOSE setting)

settings used

Mladen is silent about that error
the problem is that if he doesn't aknowledge his mistake, the error will perpetuate in further indicators
and he won't fix the old indicators that use wrong prices.

Jeff

Re: Mladen indicators may be tainted

ionone wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:29 pm As you know I reverse engineered Decomposed RSI

and I realized that Mladen version was using wrong Prices. I had a little doubt, because it would've very well been a mistake in my code

but then I analyzed his indicator using a period of 1 and the closes prices and the indicator behave differently than what it should've:
"if you put a period of 1 and compare lows and close prices, you can see here that close prices are going down, but the RSI Gain curve is positive (the RSI Losses curve should be positive in that case)

so low prices and the curve are in correlation, while close prices and the curve are in opposite correlation"
which means that LOW prices have been used instead of CLOSE prices (with the PRICE_CLOSE setting)

settings used

the problem is that if he doesn't aknowledge his mistake, the error will perpetuate in further indicators

Jeff
some times error will helps binary traders brother :)
i do love this situation !.how ?
if you see the 1 bar & 2nd bar, there is bar divergence can visible subject to the RSI line green.
green line goes up where as 2nd bar down and market disagree the trend direction.
if you can make arrow as per situation, it will be helpful to take trade 1 bar or 2 bar expiry.!!
mt4 version is preferred.
Attachments
"There is NO GOD higher than TRUTH" - Mahatma Gandhi

ionone wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:29 pm As you know I reverse engineered Decomposed RSI

settings used

Jeff
The way I understand what is going on, is in his code he is using a built in mt5 price function, and that the error is in how mt5 is handling the price, far as I know he didn't use the ma period 1 price. That's how I understood what he was saying at FF.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
太虚一毫

i read dis title and heard the song immediately..........

piam piam!! taiiiinted love

but yeah u got some good points...........

mladen's stuffnot suppose to be perfect cos lots of them i see just started from conversions of TASC traders tips articles to MT4 then lots of additional modifications added to them over time & experimental stuff............... they are just interesting 2 see as conversions instead of the run of the mill shit available..........

the major drawing point to these things were most of them were open source b4 and non-repainting but thats bout it.........
still think the best indicator he's made was the chaos visual averages thats bout it haha i dunno
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post (total 2):
ionone, 太虚一毫
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

mrtools wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:07 pm The way I understand what is going on, is in his code he is using a built in mt5 price function, and that he said the error is in how mt5 is handling the price, far as I know he didn't use the ma period 1 price. That's how I understood what he was saying at FF.
yeah sure the holy Mladen can't make a mistake, it HAS to be faulty MT5

all I'm asking is for Mladen to aknowledge his error OR to post his code (it's not like the code is a mystery anymore)
and post a list of tainted indicators, fix them and move on.
but instead he is doing nothing and is staying silent

Jeff

ionone wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:25 pm yeah sure the holy Mladen can't make a mistake, it HAS to be faulty MT5

all I'm asking is for Mladen to aknowledge his error OR to post his code (it's not like the code is a mystery anymore)

Jeff
lol talking to mladen is like negotiating with a chinese guy in spanish............ especially if u have some issue/criticism he sometimes blocks u or is super defensive........... its like he is always got a chip on his shoulder

i like the stuff he makes he's cool but find him especially really standoffish at times..........

can't blame him tho cos he's had a lot of his stuff ripped off/sold........... maybe thats why eh

moey_dw wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:29 pm lol talking to mladen is like speaking 2 a chinese guy in mexican............ especially if u have some criticism u get nowhere cos he either blocks u or is super defensive........... its like he is always got a chip on his shoulder

i like the stuff he makes he's cool and all that but just seems really standoffish at times..........

can't blame him tho cos he's had a lot of his stuff ripped off/sold
and ? I post every code of my indicators. I'm sure I also had some of my codes sold for money, when it's totally free...
and ?? does it make me bitter and angry
I don't care man, I release free stuff for "the good ones" I don't care about what "the bad ones" can do.
I don't care if they wanna make money with free stuff... If someone is dumb enough to buy free stuff then the merrier

ionone wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:37 pm and ? I post every code of my indicators. I'm sure I also had some of my codes sold for money, when it's totally free...
and ?? does it make me bitter and angry
I don't care man, I release free stuff for "the good ones" I don't care about what "the bad ones" can do.
I don't care if they wanna make money with free stuff... If someone is dumb enough to buy free stuff then the merrier
why u so keen on him admitting to a fault in the code?? not like he promised it would work or something.......... did he??

cos if that was the case then we should start a class action against him for solar wind joy hahahaha

and sue mntiwana too for his moustache
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post:
太虚一毫

ionone wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:25 pm yeah sure the holy Mladen can't make a mistake, it HAS to be faulty MT5

Jeff
Pathetic ... as usual
As soon as he was refused a freebie he started barking ... nothing new and will not be new in the future either. Already used to that

You (the "coding expert") have 999.9999% of source code written by me available and you (if you know how to code) can check it. And show all of use where exactly are all those codes "tainted". Since that is your statement that those are wrong : show us. But bare in mind that, when it comes to code, it is not what the man tells the code is doing, but what the computer tells the code is doing. I am just wondering how is that all the other coders did not notice any error in the price routine, till the "chosen one" came ... Oh well 😊😊😊
As of the rest : good luck to your barking mission ... you are going to have to learn to code before you can continue it
As of the "errors" : when there were errors, they were fixed, and that is something that you are incapable to comprehend. Hence, when you come with errors, do try to avoid the usual "proving ways" that people like you do : using the oldest version in order to show a point that does not stand in newer version

ionone wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:37 pm does it make me bitter and angry
1. it is none of my business
2. I really should shut up about this
3. any decent person probably would say: the good thing about "standing on the shoulders of giants" is that you have such an overwhelming view [and, yes, I know that giants can be nasty creatures, narcissistic, difficult, dangerous, arrogant, relentless, misanthropical....]...
[but for some people it is exactly "the overwhelming" part that they can't handle all that well because after a while they start thinking that they are the giant]