TDI Alternative Experimenting with other indicators

Good Evening ALL

About a month ago I found BigE's thread on Forex Factory, Trading Made Simple. That system rang a bell inside of me like no other. I love its simplicity, effectiveness and how it allows me to find good trades, even in the small time windows I have for trading around my heavy work schedule.

Until trading becomes my full time "job", the number of trades I enter per week are pretty limited. So the quest for me is to find high quality setups. Having the mind set that I want quality trades over a large quantity of trades is something that has been slowly and necessarily ingrained. I would be happy with 1 great setup per day.

After a few days browsing and many downloads, I have what looks like something worth checking into.

I have taken some indicators from MicMac and friend4you and put them on a chart.
There aren't enough words to say thank you to Jimmy, MrTools and Mladen and everyone else that contributes.
Used in place of TMS 5EMA...changed OMA Length to 5 and kept the default no shift A 1 line RSX instead of RSI...set to 13
Some of the setups are pretty clear to see, but of course the problem we all face is filtering out the bad signals. A trader with experience using oscillators, MA crosses and other similar indicators will see how there looks to be some good filtering with this combination. The 1H chart has a lot more to see and with the same principles applied.
I understand this is a bit hasty, I just put these together a few hours ago. But I really like what I have seen so far and look forward to feedback. Has anyone else tried this combination? Not much trading going on right now anyway.

My apologies if anything is posted incorrectly...new guy

Re: TDI Alternative Experimenting with other indicators

DaveTrader wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:44 am Good Evening ALL
I understand this is a bit hasty, I just put these together a few hours ago. But I really like what I have seen so far and look forward to feedback. Has anyone else tried this combination? Not much trading going on right now anyway.
If you are not a very big professional, I recommend suspending games with this build. the 60 seconds indicator draws.

He draws a little, and is almost a candle behind. To be more precise, he is in a bit of a hurry.

You need to think about trend indicators.
Attachments
These users thanked the author andrei-1 for the post:
DaveTrader

DaveTrader wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:40 pm I'm looking at it from the perspective of filtering some less than ideal entry points..
Once you know which directional bias you have, the best way to filter out "less than ideal entry points" is the trendline, 2nd best an MA with (relative to your trading horizon) excellent inputs (i. e. reproducing the market cycle you are trading).
In reality, though, your exit is much more important for trading success than your entry.
This is only my opinion, of course.
These users thanked the author josi for the post (total 5):
andrei-1, ChuChu Rocket, Hitman, DaveTrader, BeatlemaniaSA

josi wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:51 pm Once you know which directional bias you have, the best way to filter out "less than ideal entry points" is the trendline, 2nd best an MA with (relative to your trading horizon) excellent inputs (i. e. reproducing the market cycle you are trading).
In reality, though, your exit is much more important for trading success than your entry.
This is only my opinion, of course.
I follow this and agree. Good advice, just requires some practice.
These users thanked the author ChuChu Rocket for the post:
josi
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

Moved to it's own separate topic outside the TDI Indicators for MT4 thread.
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

andrei-1 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:22 am Be careful. :Rofl:

So the way this would work is...

I would say that if you are on 4H or higher time frame, you might want to consider setting the single line RSX (in lieu of RSI red/green cross) to 13.

Then I would ask what is the setting on your step-one-more-average indicator?

A discussion about trading a naked chart with only S/R and trendlines is clearly a worthy discussion. It just seems to me that this site is driven by the use and experimenting with custom indicators that many users put time in to create...?