Question about MT4 and Renko Charts

Hi, i have some questions about renko charts on mt4 and i wonder if someone could solve them.

1- Would a EA work on a renko generated offline chart if attached (works on tick prices)? Or does it need to change to Open Close or code something specifically for that?

2- Is it possible to perform a backtest on a renko chart somehow?

Thanks in advance?

(Once again sorry if this is not the appropiate place but i am new and i dont know exactly where to post it.)

Re: Question about MT4 and Renko Charts

ffsss wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:39 am Hi, i have some questions about renko charts on mt4 and i wonder if someone could solve them.

1- Would a EA work on a renko generated offline chart if attached (works on tick prices)? Or does it need to change to Open Close or code something specifically for that?

2- Is it possible to perform a backtest on a renko chart somehow?

Thanks in advance?

(Once again sorry if this is not the appropiate place but i am new and i dont know exactly where to post it.)
can't answer your first question but regards the second, backtesting is problematic on mt4 renko charts.

as mladen explains it there is a problem with all mt4 offline charts caused by the core code that metaquotes are aware of but never fixed.

So with a renko chart on start up or reset the bricks 'tidy themselves up', it's not a major repaint and does not happen on a live run but if you take a pic of a period of tight ranging price action and then go to the renko ea on the one minute chart and highlight a input value and press 'ok' back on the renko chart there will be a slight rearrangement of the bricks that makes it look cleaner than it was.

hope this helps.