Re: This interesting moving average alert indicator is not updating as it should...

andrei-1 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:58 am
Thanks a good step forward, the cmo 2 I can not get it to work, I would be curious to see it but the cmo_ma is very close to what I had in mind, in practice from the cmo_ma I would remove the Red Vidya (even if it can be hidden), and I would use it as a separate indicator, making the difference with the close, essentially closing the price - Vidya cmo and leave the cmo_ma on the chart, something like this:
it would also be interesting to put an alarm when the price reaches the cmo_ma .....
I can't get the experts to work .....
Attachments

Re: This interesting moving average alert indicator is not updating as it should...

[quote=frenk post_id=1295443032 time=1630254553 user_id=4943193]
Thanks a good step forward, the cmo 2 I can not get it to work, I would be curious to see it but the cmo_ma is very close to what I had in mind, in practice from the cmo_ma I would remove the Red Vidya (even if it can be hidden), and I would use it as a separate indicator, making the difference with the close, essentially closing the price - Vidya cmo and leave the cmo_ma on the chart, something like this:
it would also be interesting to put an alarm when the price reaches the cmo_ma .....
I can't get the experts to work .....

I hope I understood you correctly.

Beeps at 0 bar 1 time. (alert, push, mail)
These users thanked the author andrei-1 for the post (total 2):
iPar, Jackson Doh

andrei-1 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:34 am
you are making the indicator yourself, thank you very much, the Vidya cmo_ma_1_line is perfect, as for the Vidya cmo_ma_1_line_ (sep) this indicator should oscillate on the zero line in practice when it reaches this level I know that the Vidya cmo is touched by the price, to make you better understand I'll put the code that I created on the metastock:

Length: = Input ("Length", 1,1000,15);
Smoothing: = Input ("Smoothing", 1,10000,3);
AbsCMO: = (Abs (CMO (C, Length))) / 100;
SC: = 2 / (Length + 1);
VIDYA: = If (Cum (1) <= (Length + 1), C, (SC * AbsCMO * CLOSE) + (1- (SC * AbsCMO)) * PREV);
pc: = CLOSE-VIDYA;
Mov (PC, Smoothing, S) / 100

the alarm should go off either when the moving average of the indicator crosses from bottom to top or vice versa (as you did) or when the indicator touches the zero line or a small percentage just before such as 0.3% (I do not use points because in this way it can be used for more instruments finances forex, commodities, securities, etc.
(but that of 0.3% is one more thing) it would be interesting to be able to indicate also the divergences but I would not like to take advantage too much of your kindness
Attachments

frenk wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:06 am it would be interesting to be able to indicate also the divergences
It's not difficult now. And everyone is interested in what you have come up with. :razz:
I don't read MetaStock.
The zones are calculated as a percentage, for each candle separately. I made two types of signals: only a breakdown and with a return (switching only in the code).
These users thanked the author andrei-1 for the post:
frenk

andrei-1 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:25 am It's not difficult now. And everyone is interested in what you have come up with. :razz:
I don't read MetaStock.
The zones are calculated as a percentage, for each candle separately. I made two types of signals: only a breakdown and with a return (switching only in the code).
It seems to me that you have done a good job, surely you are a very good programmer, I am testing the indicators ....
It would be nice for other users to participate with ideas and strategies based on this indicator to improve it