Re: spectrometer indicator by mladen

wojtek wrote: It's based on Fourier Transform, so it recalculates strongly.
It's useless for trading, perhaps can be useful for some post-factum analysis.
do you need math background to understand how this thing works? i put this thing on my 1M chart for days now trying to study how it works but i have no idea what i'm looking at

Each signal line can be shown as a linear superposition of periodic (sinusoidal) components
with different periods (frequencies) and amplitudes. Roughly, the indicator shows those
components. It strongly depends on the probing window and changes (recalculates) after each tick.
E.g., you can see the set of frequencies showing whether the signal is fast or slow-changing, etc.
Sometimes only a small number of leading / strongest components (e.g., 3) can extrapolate
the signal quite well. Another example of that type of indicators is attached (from the site of MQL Service).
I played with it years ago, and it's quite funny, but gives you practically no help how to trade.

cosmos279 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:38 am Hi there folks! I was wondering on how to use the following indicator. It was brought to mind by shailes

If possible, could shaileshm please explain how to maximise the use of this indicator. Anyone else's help would be greatly appreciated.

Spectrometr_Separate_Selective Cycle 2.07.mq4
Spectrometr.dll
Something I can suggest for beginning. Use the chart on a 5 sec or 15 sec chart and then observe the waves. Then you will see that that waves are also moving back or moving forward. In both cases the chart movements are different, and you can decide which ones look tradeable . Also see what happens when waves are aligned with each other, when do the sharp moves takes place.

Additionally I suggest developing a knack a correlating the waves with price movement. For example here, you can see how the longer wavelength (red) corresponds to the longer price swing on main the chart and the smaller one (for example blue) corresponds with the smaller price oscillations on main chart

The powermeter will also show which waves have strongest amplitude.
Know Thy Setup. Know Thyself.