When Decompiling is OK?

Hi guys, I know this is a touchy subject for programmers.

Thing is that I have this indicator I purchased at MQL5 market (which I love and is essential to me), and I need a simple mod to the indicator, very simple, just needs to be added in it´s settings the option to choose the volume source: broker (raw tick volume) or another indicator (which process the tick volume ).

I have another indicator that shows the volume the way I wanna see, and I really think that If I feed the data from this indicator to the algorithm of the other indicator, it will be 1000x better.

The problem is that the seller does not wanna do it, already offered money to do as a freelance just to me, just to add the freaking option. The data from the other indicator is available via iCustom. This seller/coder is very very stubborn, he thinks that the indicator needs to be used the way HE wants, and does not even care about what you need.

When I put something in my mind, I don´t rest til it is done, so if he doesn´t wanna do it, my only option is to hire an expert decompiler.

What are your thoughts?
Alberto Gauer Borrego seller on MQL5 aka Rogue_Trader / LogicGate / Gauer

Re: When Decompiling is OK?

AFAIK, there doesn't exist a decompiler for the versions 500+ of MT4/MQL4.
So, you will not be able to add anything to the code. First, try to contact
the author of the code. Second, you can do many things with the ex4 indicator,
as you can extract all the buffers from the compiled code and then construct
the indicator with the features you require (as alerts, MTF, additional lines / buffers, etc.).
It's worth adding that such a procedure is by no means illegal.

logicgate wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:05 pm What are your thoughts?
Depending on what it is, your best bet would be asking Mrtools or Mladen for paid work and to take a look at the indicator, see if they can re-code a better version for you from scratch and go from there.

Decompiling is always a shit option so it's best to get the experts onto it instead of hacking it as there's no guarantee it can be done especially with the newer codes, there's a 99.9% chance it won't even work as explained by Mladen in the past.

Beware of fraudsters claiming to be able to hack files etc. you simply can't with newer EX4's!
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

@wojtek

It is not an app decompiler, I meant someone with experience doing that, like a cracker. I found a site and some freelancers claiming they can do it.

@ChuChu Rocket

Not it can´t be recreated, at least the part of the indicator that I have most interest in seeing working with the other indicator data, the algorithm is unknown. The rest of the indicator is easily "re-creatable".

No such thing as "can´t be done"

logicgate wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:23 am No such thing as "can´t be done"
perhaps the coder ripped off the algo from someone so he is reluctant to share it even if u offer him cash lol

post the indi here lets see what it is & we will tell u if its a rip off from something....................
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

Oh yes, majority of the code is publicly available on the internet, it is a Weis Wave variation, you can check it here, nothing ground breaking, but having said that, to me this indi here is the best Weis Wave out there, it just plots the waves very nicely, compared with the rest:

It is just that the effort mode I haven´t guessed what it is yet. One guess is that could be based on the Force Index formula, so the effort mode values are the sum of the force index value of each bar of the wave. Another mode that would be great would be a delta mode, so we would get the delta for each wave (up minus down tick volume). I suggested this to the seller, he also shot the idea down.

And I use this indicator here for the volume called True Volume Surrogate, which is brilliant. I wanted the Weis Wave to use the volume data from this indicator. Comparing with futures volume, I would say it varies between 97% - 99% correlation, some clusters and waves even have 100% correlation with real volume. The creator of TVS told me the data is available via iCustom to any other indicator to use, so the coder of the other indi is just being a stubborn donkey: