Re: Indicators with ON/OFF buttons

4NDR45 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:10 pm I am attaching this special, single line version didi index indicator which I like to use as a trend filter. Compared with other didi index indicators on same settings, this one reacts the best to priceaction, but after running a couple of these under my chart I noticed it starts lagging after a while...
Could someone please add a button and a history limit option to it?
A button (...and an AHTF) would also be nice to have, but the history limit would be the most important, so that it can be used normally on a longer run.
Hi, can I ask you?
Can you show what the settings are to get the effect on your screen?

Thank you very much.
These users thanked the author 88FX88 for the post:
4NDR45

4NDR45 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:35 pm BAAAM! XD

I see you tweaked it to the max. like added AHTF, unique IDs to the arrows (which are actually lines in this case, but it is ok) and IDs to buttons...
Now this one can really catch those curves well...
Thanx MrTools!
P.S.
I forgot to mention in the first post that I suspect that the MT4 lag was caused by the actual vertical lines when I was running it for a couple of days in a row, because I have put 4 of the indicators, all with the vertical lines switched ON.
Is it possible to put those vertical lines under the spell of bar history limit as well?
Because currently the limit does not affect the lines.
A fourth and a fifth higher timeframe possibility would be also desirable to have.
Not sure how to limit the lines anymore, if I find a better way to do it will post a better version.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
4NDR45

88FX88 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:46 am Hi, can I ask you?
Can you show what the settings are to get the effect on your screen?

Thank you very much.
Sure.
Here is a template with some settings.

Just be careful because this is not some "holy grill" setup. Any indicator that is set to show you higher timeframe data that is still open, will recalculate before that higher timeframe closes, and the "signals" it gave some bars back can repaint.
I use this only to give me some idea of where the market is heading to and where the mayor turning points are.
Always test indicators for some days or weeks before you use them to trade your assets.
These users thanked the author 4NDR45 for the post:
charli

mrtools wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:59 am Not sure how to limit the lines anymore, if I find a better way to do it will post a better version.
Oh...
Why?
Is it because the vertical lines are different type of data than for example arrows?
Take your time, it is already much better than it was...
If it is the same data as arrows, then it is possible because as you see, the dots (arrow symbols) on the 3 TMAs on the chart are limited by the set history limit. Where the TMA lines stop, the symbols disappear too.

4NDR45 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:10 am Oh...
Why?
Is it because the vertical lines are different type of data than for example arrows?
Take your time, it is already much better than it was...
If it is the same data as arrows, then it is possible because as you see, the dots (arrow symbols) on the 3 TMAs on the chart are limited by the set history limit. Where the TMA lines stop, the symbols disappear too.
Not sure, it limits them somewhat but not all the way back, it seems to work on arrows as objects but for some reason it isn't working on lines as objects.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
4NDR45

4NDR45 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:06 am Sure.
Here is a template with some settings.

Just be careful because this is not some "holy grill" setup. Any indicator that is set to show you higher timeframe data that is still open, will recalculate before that higher timeframe closes, and the "signals" it gave some bars back can repaint.
I use this only to give me some idea of where the market is heading to and where the mayor turning points are.
Always test indicators for some days or weeks before you use them to trade your assets.
Thank you very much for .tpl

Of course, I am aware that this is just a hint on the chart. I am aware that he may repaint himself and change direction.

I added .Tpl
I added DIDI to >> Indicators
Unfortunately .tpl shows empty. There are candles themselves.
Have you put DIDI in a different subfolder? With a different name?

88FX88 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:42 am Thank you very much for .tpl

Of course, I am aware that this is just a hint on the chart. I am aware that he may repaint himself and change direction.

I added .Tpl
I added DIDI to >> Indicators
Unfortunately .tpl shows empty. There are candles themselves.
Have you put DIDI in a different subfolder? With a different name?
As you see, the template is ok, it is looking for the "! Didi index(mtf + alerts + lines + btn).ex4" indicator directly in the indicators folder. No sub-folder paths in the template file.
Do you have the "! Didi index(mtf + alerts + lines + btn).ex4" file in your indicators folder?
If yes, do a refresh or restart your MT4 software, then shove the 3DIDI.tpl into your template folder and load it.
If it does not work after that, I have no idea what is wrong.

I am attaching you a screenshot of the smallest +1 timeframe, the other two are the same except you have to set +2 and +3 timefremes and thicken the lines.
You will also find a *.set file attached which you can load into the indicator.
I hope this will help.

4NDR45 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:58 am As you see, the template is ok, it is looking for the "! Didi index(mtf + alerts + lines + btn).ex4" indicator directly in the indicators folder. No sub-folder paths in the template file.
Do you have the "! Didi index(mtf + alerts + lines + btn).ex4" file in your indicators folder?
If yes, do a refresh or restart yout MT4 software, then shove the 3DIDI.tpl into your template folder and load it.
Now it works perfectly.
I had an indicator labeled "histo" at the end.
I downloaded DIDI without "histo". It's okay now.
Thank you very much!
Millions of green pips!
4NDR45

4NDR45 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:58 am As you see, the template is ok, it is looking for the "! Didi index(mtf + alerts + lines + btn).ex4" indicator directly in the indicators folder. No sub-folder paths in the template file.
If yes, do a refresh or restart yout MT4 software, then shove the 3DIDI.tpl into your template folder and load it.

I am attaching you a screenshot of the smallest +1 timeframe, the other two are the same except you have to set +2 ans +3 timefremes and thicken the lines.
You will also find a *.set file attached which you can load into the indicator.
I hope this will help.

Thanks again for your tips and help.
Thank you very much! :)
4NDR45