Re: Indicators with ON/OFF buttons

4NDR45 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:04 am I have a general question to all respected coders of the MT4 indicators with buttons.
Hello.
Added button.
TMA with small bug, indicators are still running even when they are button off.
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 3):
太虚一毫, 4NDR45, Jedidiah

kvak wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:33 am Hello.
Added button.
Wow Kvak... thank you very much ... I will test it asap.
I think the source of the issue is that some parameters or the buttons need unique identifiers if there are more than one of them on the same chart.
I have an idea...maybe if i create 3 separate files and code in different "btn_text", maybe it will work without that bug.
Because i see it gets IndicatorName from GenerateIndicatorName(btn_text)

Regarding my question about is the indicator using the same amount of resources when it is ON or OFF, do you perhaps know ?
Or only limiting the bars in history of an indicator can positively affect performance?

LikeRe: Indicators with ON/OFF buttons

kvak wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:33 am Hello.
Added button.
I have tested it and have set up all my settings, it works without issues :)
It switches all 3 TMAs automatically to +1, +2 and +3 time frames.

I have attached the files and my template for anyone who finds it useful.
Thank you Kvak, without you this would not be possible.
These users thanked the author 4NDR45 for the post (total 3):
annadurai, kvak, Mickey Abi

4NDR45 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:26 pm I have tested it and have set up all my settings, it works without issues :)
It switches all 3 TMAs automatically to +1, +2 and +3 time frames.

I have attached the files and my template for anyone who finds it useful.
Thank you Kvak, without you this would not be possible.
I am a fan of TMA's .... Do you mind sharing some ways you trade this system ? Your entry and exit rules ?

Regards
These users thanked the author Mickey Abi for the post:
4NDR45

Mickey Abi wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:14 pm I am a fan of TMA's .... Do you mind sharing some ways you trade this system ? Your entry and exit rules ?

Regards
Here is the point of this setup:
We all know TMA bands have flexible ends, therefore they move a bit even after the candles close (which technically I would not call "repaint", since they rather only "recalculate" because of their flexible nature), but they are excellent in showing a smooth average direction of the price action and also the extreme deviations of the price from the center of the channel (when the price gets outside of the bands).
Since this recalculation is there, but it is not so significant, the idea is using it on 3 higher timeframes makes it more reliable, since it can give you a more reliable "signal". If it matches on all 3 timeframes it is less likely that it will recalculate than taking into consideration a signal given only on a single timeframe.
This TMA also has interpolation option available, but I am using it this way because I can see the steps it creates, which help me see the trend more clearly.
I am still only experimenting with what could be used as a non recalculating, non repainting indicator which would give rock solid confirmations of entries when those extreme conditions are visible with this template. Maybe even adding a simple MACD 0 line cross would do well, or a Gann High Low Activator Indicator for example.
Also you have to analize and take into consideration basic price action behavior like breaking out of range, bouncing out of support and resistance zones, creating HH, HL and LH LL, divergences etc.
Attachments
These users thanked the author 4NDR45 for the post:
Mickey Abi

Dear forum members,

Does anyone have the .mql4 versions of these 2 indicators to share with the master coders so that they will be able to add a button? It is a bit of a schlep to constantly add and delete them from the chart :Rofl:

Warmest regards,
BeatlemaniaSA
BEATS V5 - "Enjoy The Quiet Between Trades”

Improve Your Trading Psychology - NO FEAR, NO DOUBT