Re: Excel Live Trading Data

moey_dw wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:41 pm

dis is a top contribution here.................. seems not too enticing at first but when download & use it man i am hook................... this could plot candles i think too!!!! :think: :think: :think:
Yep, that's why we "stickied" this post. More traders could really utilize Excel. It's very easy to set up using Lumios' steps and the spreadsheets give you the data you're looking for without lag :thumbup:
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
Lumios
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

ChuChu Rocket wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:38 pm

Thiru & Lumi dudes thank you, I'm really finding Excel less distracting than charts (weird). Can you tell me, does the ADR auto update it's reading on it's own, too? Or is it static?
Jimmy and ChuChu Rocket,

The ADR is static (unfortunately). The way I have done is, extract the ADR data from the export tool done by hanover in FF (search for that, the source code is also available).

With that, we can do any ADR, say 30, 7 etc and update the sheet accordingly. This can be done on a daily basis, at the start of the day and then you are good to go.

the indicator below;

//
// //
//

on second thought, if mrtools or pacosis can create an indi that does the following, then we can make the ADR update procedure easy to use.

an indicator that exports a CSV file (comma separated) like this;

symbol, adr_30, adr_10, adr_5, adr_1, adr_x
EURUSD, 123, 120, 89, 98, x
all 28 pairs

the x value is custom and can be in input.

Then, we can just paste these values in that excel file and we can do the rest of the work automatically.

just an idea.

IdeaRe: Excel Live Trading Data

thiru wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:48 pm Updated version 2.02

Change log;
1. updated market range sheet
2. new time sheet, to show server offset hrs, market time.

Will put this excel into my simulator.

//
MT4 Market Data 2.02.xlsx

//
market1.png

//
time.png
This is great Thiru! Love the creativity! I would prolly recommend an EA to export indicator data to use in the sheet in an automated manner, then have excel connect to it as a data source, then set excel to refresh every 5 mins, or whichever timeframe suits your needs. I use a system similar to this in my workbook so I have two data sources, live and static, the static source pulls ATR data.

Check this out, you can also use excel to manage your trades, especially helpful if you have a large number of positions open and you want to manage them from a high level overview.

and the animation you see is quite cool too. :)

thiru wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:48 pm Updated version 2.02

Change log;
1. updated market range sheet
2. new time sheet, to show server offset hrs, market time.

Will put this excel into my simulator.

//
MT4 Market Data 2.02.xlsx

//
market1.png

//
time.png
Update 2.03

Added a dashboard for simple navigation.
These users thanked the author Lumios for the post (total 5):
Jimmy, moey_dw, Stardelta7x, ft, Jedidiah

Lumios wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:07 pm This is great Thiru! Love the creativity! I would prolly recommend an EA to export indicator data to use in the sheet in an automated manner, then have excel connect to it as a data source, then set excel to refresh every 5 mins, or whichever timeframe suits your needs. I use a system similar to this in my workbook so I have two data sources, live and static, the static source pulls ATR data.
This is brilliant Lumios, I was wondering how to do this and you just gave the right hint. Now, I can now connect to a few exports and get live data every 1 min and some at every 4 hrs. This way, the ADR data is not longer statics !!!

time permitting, can you update the sheet with metals (gold and silver) and the indices? could never understand their pip values and margin requirements due to different contract sizes.

cheers
These users thanked the author thiru for the post:
Stardelta7x

Lumios wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:56 am Added a dashboard for simple navigation.

MT4 Market Data 2.03.xlsx
Wow! :Shocked:
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

thiru wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:14 pm

This is brilliant Lumios, I was wondering how to do this and you just gave the right hint. Now, I can now connect to a few exports and get live data every 1 min and some at every 4 hrs. This way, the ADR data is not longer statics !!!

time permitting, can you update the sheet with metals (gold and silver) and the indices? could never understand their pip values and margin requirements due to different contract sizes.

cheers
man thiru i love it.................... the spreadsheet looking advance :In Love: :In Love: :In Love:
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈