Re: Dashboard Type Indicators for MT4

naluvs01 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:16 pm Hi FS Fam,
Does anyone know where I can find a Multi-currency CCI Dashboard? I've seen RSI, Stoch, MA, Slope, Ki-jun, etc. dashboards, but surprisingly no CCI.

Thanks for any help!!!

PS I have found one, but you can't edit the positioning. It only has 4 positions.
Hello Fam!

It's been a while I saw your post. Your trading and approach greatly improved and gave alotta consistency to my trading. What basket form or currency strength do you currently use in selecting your currency pairs to trade now?.

Knight wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:22 am Hello Fam!

It's been a while I saw your post. Your trading and approach greatly improved and gave alotta consistency to my trading. What basket form or currency strength do you currently use in selecting your currency pairs to trade now?.
I've been using Heiken Ashi candles to determine strength and weakness on the Daily Timeframe. This shows me where to look for the trades. Basically, if the strength of one basket has two bars more than the another, it tells me where to look for a trade. I then confirm that the CCI (60) is above/below the zero level on the pair. I'll share my template because FS family has been great. In a nutshell, based on the picture I provided, you can see that JPY is clearly stronger than GBP. Therefore, you would look to sell GBPJPY this week. And you can see the results.

Keep in mind, you ONLY want to look at the row of squares just left from the end. That's because the squares all the way to the right are current and haven't closed yet. And if you trade based on that, they will changed and you will regret it. The best setups is when the Heiken Ashi agree with the CCI. However, remember it still lags and you will miss some first moves. I recommend using 3 WPRs (5,10,15) to confirm entries. When all three are above/below the - 50 level, enter the trade. Also, in many cases the CCI, with WPR3 can be enough to trade without considering the Heiken Ashi indicator. My greatest suggestion is never trade against the direction of the CCI (60), regardless of what the Heikin Ashi shows.

Hopes this helps some one.

Also, I reversed the color on the hieken ashi indicator so the colors would have continuity....
These users thanked the author naluvs01 for the post (total 5):
keys898, Narutopips, Knight, Jedidiah, solarian

naluvs01 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:04 pm I've been using Heiken Ashi candles to determine strength and weakness on the Daily Timeframe. This shows me where to look for the trades. Basically, if the strength of one basket has two bars more than the another, it tells me where to look for a trade. I then confirm that the CCI (60) is above/below the zero level on the pair. I'll share my template because FS family has been great. In a nutshell, based on the picture I provided, you can see that JPY is clearly stronger than GBP. Therefore, you would look to sell GBPJPY this week. And you can see the results.

Keep in mind, you ONLY want to look at the row of squares just left from the end. That's because the squares all the way to the right are current and haven't closed yet. And if you trade based on that, they will changed and you will regret it. The best setups is when the Heiken Ashi agree with the CCI. However, remember it still lags and you will miss some first moves. I recommend using 3 WPRs (5,10,15) to confirm entries. When all three are above/below the - 50 level, enter the trade. Also, in many cases the CCI, with WPR3 can be enough to trade without considering the Heiken Ashi indicator. My greatest suggestion is never trade against the direction of the CCI (60), regardless of what the Heikin Ashi shows.

Also, I reversed the color on the hieken ashi indicator so the colors would have continuity....

Simply amazing. Please could you circle the exact squares you look at?.

Also how can one reach out to you privately to work together?.

I'll look into the WPR, though I have had great results using volatility adjusted macd settings 2,8,9 on zero cross on the 1hr timeframe.

I use your RSI dashboard every night to select what to trade the next day and just look for pull backs it's great. But I really want to understand your new heiken ashi selection process since you recommend it.

naluvs01 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:04 pm I've been using Heiken Ashi candles to determine strength and weakness on the Daily Timeframe. This shows me where to look for the trades. Basically, if the strength of one basket has two bars more than the another, it tells me where to look for a trade. I then confirm that the CCI (60) is above/below the zero level on the pair. I'll share my template because FS family has been great. In a nutshell, based on the picture I provided, you can see that JPY is clearly stronger than GBP. Therefore, you would look to sell GBPJPY this week. And you can see the results.

Also, the bars are all uniform in colour on my end, could you send the exact template to display like yours?

Knight wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:11 am Also, the bars are all uniform in colour on my end, could you send the exact template to display like yours?
Hi,
I did include my exact template if you scroll further down. I use the 6 on the daily TF and the 18 and 30 when I want to backtest. On the 30 template, that is a month and a half of information (20 days a month and 10 days are a week).

Knight wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:47 am Simply amazing. Please could you circle the exact squares you look at?.

Also how can one reach out to you privately to work together?.

I'll look into the WPR, though I have had great results using volatility adjusted macd settings 2,8,9 on zero cross on the 1hr timeframe.

I use your RSI dashboard every night to select what to trade the next day and just look for pull backs it's great. But I really want to understand your new heiken ashi selection process since you recommend it.
No problem. Each square represents a day. So since there are 8 major currencies, I paired all of the basket currencies together to give me the complete strength and weakness of the currency based on Heiken Ashi candles. On the pairs that were in second position, like EurAud, I simply reversed the color scheme so the strength/weakness would have continuity in the AUD group. So if you use a vertical line on one row of squares, and if 7 are on (Dark Khaki color) and another basket has 5 off (Dim Gray), then you would buy/sell the currency pair.

For instance, in the picture I provided, the vertical lines are showing what this Wednesday looked liked. Remember, I do not trade the current squares all the way to the right. Why? Because it reflects the current day and could start strong and if you trade it, it could reverse and you regret it! It's happen to me already. You can change the timeframe as well to the 4-hour or hour to confirm. However, from my experience, leaving it on the daily is best! Anyhow, based on the picture with the vertical lines, you would see that USD and JPY were the strongest currencies and GBP & EUR were the weakest, followed by CAD and CHF. So these could be the pairs you focus on and avoid USD/JPY.

In my opinion, Heikin Ashi is faster than using moving average crossovers or any other indicator. And by comparing all the currencies pairs in clusters, it gives you a comprehensive overview of the total strength/weakness scenario. It's not perfect, but it makes logical sense. Heiken Ashi puts the odds in you favor mathematically speaking. Once I compare the currencies, I look to enter on the 4-HR.

I hope this adds clarity...
Attachments

naluvs01 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:21 pm Hi,
I did include my exact template if you scroll further down. I use the 6 on the daily TF and the 18 and 30 when I want to backtest. On the 30 template, that is a month and a half of information (20 days a month and 10 days are a week).
I have loaded the indicators and template, but it shows as attached, and as you can see from my quoted picture, all the squares are sorta orange. Is this how it's supposed to work?

naluvs01 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:48 pm No problem. Each square represents a day. So since there are 8 major currencies, I paired all of the basket currencies together to give me the complete strength and weakness of the currency based on Heiken Ashi candles. On the pairs that were in second position, like EurAud, I simply reversed the color scheme so the strength/weakness would have continuity in the AUD group. So if you use a vertical line on one row of squares, and if 7 are on (Dark Khaki color) and another basket has 5 off (Dim Gray), then you would buy/sell the currency pair.

For instance, in the picture I provided, the vertical lines are showing what this Wednesday looked liked. Remember, I do not trade the current squares all the way to the right. Why? Because it reflects the current day and could start strong and if you trade it, it could reverse and you regret it! It's happen to me already. You can change the timeframe as well to the 4-hour or hour to confirm. However, from my experience, leaving it on the daily is best! Anyhow, based on the picture with the vertical lines, you would see that USD and JPY were the strongest currencies and GBP & EUR were the weakest, followed by CAD and CHF. So these could be the pairs you focus on and avoid USD/JPY.

In my opinion, Heikin Ashi is faster than using moving average crossovers or any other indicator. And by comparing all the currencies pairs in clusters, it gives you a comprehensive overview of the total strength/weakness scenario. It's not perfect, but it makes logical sense. Heiken Ashi puts the odds in you favor mathematically speaking. Once I compare the currencies, I look to enter on the 4-HR.

I hope this adds clarity...

It's perfect. I understand it perfectly. Now all that's left is a way to make your template show like this exactly on my system.