Re: Timmy's Expert advisor service

Thanks for the response Timmy.

The combination of BB squeeze and BB stop should eliminate any repainting issue. As we only take entry/trigger is next candle break of high/low of the signal candle.
If having an exiting condition based on Momentum line & Histo is not possible or complex, we can ignore that and may be introduce an Break even move.

Thanks so much for your assistance.
TimmyHanke wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:29 pm

First thing bb squeeze break repaint like crazy .
Second , in the making of a expert advisor it's not able to have 2 subwindow indicators in the same window because they are 2 different things.
So the exit won't work with momentum line inside green histro.

Should I continue without that ?

char2903 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:08 pm Thanks for the response Timmy.

The combination of BB squeeze and BB stop should eliminate any repainting issue. As we only take entry/trigger is next candle break of high/low of the signal candle.
If having an exiting condition based on Momentum line & Histo is not possible or complex, we can ignore that and may be introduce an Break even move.

Thanks so much for your assistance.

This should be it , sorry for saying that the momentum closing didnt work , didnt actually check it before and didnt realize that it was apart of the squeeze break indicator , thought it was added to the same window.

Bbands should do what you want it to do if i understood correctly.

But im not sure that all of the closings will act correctly because some dont open positions on the opposite of the closings so because of that you can get an instant closing of the position , lets say for example that you but when squeeze break hitstro is green , and that you close all of the positions if momentum is below 0 , then when that buy trade triggers the momentum can actually be below 0 and instantly closes it.

Therefor i made another and added so that the ea checks that the momentum is above 0 and that the histro is green as well before entering , so that the 4th closing dosnt instaclose it .

So the one called Bbands test is that one.
Try them out :)

TimmyHanke wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:50 pm

This should be it , sorry for saying that the momentum closing didnt work , didnt actually check it before and didnt realize that it was apart of the squeeze break indicator , thought it was added to the same window.

Bbands should do what you want it to do if i understood correctly.

But im not sure that all of the closings will act correctly because some dont open positions on the opposite of the closings so because of that you can get an instant closing of the position , lets say for example that you but when squeeze break hitstro is green , and that you close all of the positions if momentum is below 0 , then when that buy trade triggers the momentum can actually be below 0 and instantly closes it.

Therefor i made another and added so that the ea checks that the momentum is above 0 and that the histro is green as well before entering , so that the 4th closing dosnt instaclose it .

So the one called Bbands test is that one.
Try them out :)
Hi Timmy,

Thanks for the EA. I put the EA to test (back and forward). Seems it's taking trades before all conditions are met. Please see the attached USDCAD trade.
There was no short setup there yet. One of the condition is not met.

BUY conditions:
1) Candle close above blue BB stops
2) Momentum line value > 0, Green histo > 0, Red histo = 0 (all from BB squeeze)

Trigger - Next candle breaks the high of candle close (of condition 1) - enter the trade.
Stop loss is below blue BB stops. Trailing SL is with BB stops. Close on reverse or when price hits SL.

SELL condition is reverse.

Optional - BE move, multi entry/multi exit strategy. - Can be added at a later stage to avoid any confusions.

Apologies for my poor English (not my native language). This may have lead to me not explaining the strategy properly.
Attachments

char2903 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:18 pm

Hi Timmy,

Thanks for the EA. I put the EA to test (back and forward). Seems it's taking trades before all conditions are met. Please see the attached USDCAD trade.
There was no short setup there yet. One of the condition is not met.

BUY conditions:
1) Candle close above blue BB stops
2) Momentum line value > 0, Green histo > 0, Red histo = 0 (all from BB squeeze)

Trigger - Next candle breaks the high of candle close (of condition 1) - enter the trade.
Stop loss is below blue BB stops. Trailing SL is with BB stops. Close on reverse or when price hits SL.

SELL condition is reverse.

Optional - BE move, multi entry/multi exit strategy. - Can be added at a later stage to avoid any confusions.

Apologies for my poor English (not my native language). This may have lead to me not explaining the strategy properly.
You wrote this :

Buy Conditions:

Signal: 
1) SB - Momentum line > 0
2) SB - Green histo > 0
3) SB - Red histo = 0
4) Candle close above BB stop (0 buffer)

Trigger for entry:
5) Next candle - breaks/cross the previous candle high

6) No trade if the above setup is within 10pips from a big round number
7) Trailing stop with BB stop indicator

Enter with 4 positions

And then they had 4 different closings on each of the 4 trades.

So I made an entry in each of the 4 signal if they broke above / below past candle high or low .
That was what I thought you ment.

Now you give me this:

Candle close above blue BB stops

You seem to have changed the system or am I wrong?

Hi Timmy,

Maybe this question already exist but do you have universal ea.
Ea with property to input buy and sell buffer of external indicator with extra option filter.
Like filter buffer trend up and filter buffer trend down.
This way we can select to use all signal or filtered signals.

Thanks for viewing this question!

TimmyHanke wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:17 pm

You wrote this :

Buy Conditions:

Signal: 
1) SB - Momentum line > 0
2) SB - Green histo > 0
3) SB - Red histo = 0
4) Candle close above BB stop (0 buffer)

Trigger for entry:
5) Next candle - breaks/cross the previous candle high

6) No trade if the above setup is within 10pips from a big round number
7) Trailing stop with BB stop indicator

Enter with 4 positions

And then they had 4 different closings on each of the 4 trades.

So I made an entry in each of the 4 signal if they broke above / below past candle high or low .
That was what I thought you ment.

Now you give me this:

Candle close above blue BB stops

You seem to have changed the system or am I wrong?
Hi Timmy,

No change in the strategy. All the conditions are the same per original post. The 4 multi entry/exits parts is what I left out of this last post. As I thought getting the basic conditions in first is the way to go and money management can be dealt a bit later.

From the Original post - SB = BB squeeze indicator. So no change in the method at all.

char2903 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:57 pm

Hi Timmy,

No change in the strategy. All the conditions are the same per original post. The 4 multi entry/exits parts is what I left out of this last post. As I thought getting the basic conditions in first is the way to go and money management can be dealt a bit later.

From the Original post - SB = BB squeeze indicator. So no change in the method at all.
Then it should do as it should, in buy the current price has to be bigger than the previous high then you have the 4 other conditions to the 4 different trades, so if momentum is > 0 and closed price is > current high it will trade on the new bar if the conditions still are true.

Have you tried bbands test yet ?

TimmyHanke wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:40 pm

Then it should do as it should, in buy the current price has to be bigger than the previous high then you have the 4 other conditions to the 4 different trades, so if momentum is > 0 and closed price is > current high it will trade on the new bar if the conditions still are true.

Have you tried bbands test yet ?
Yep I did try Bbands test. It took trades where there was no signal. I am thinking if the settings of the indicators are where the issue is.

BB stops - 10,2
Squeeze break is standard - 20,2

char2903 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:20 pm

Yep I did try Bbands test. It took trades where there was no signal. I am thinking if the settings of the indicators are where the issue is.

BB stops - 10,2
Squeeze break is standard - 20,2

Since squeeze break repaints like crazy it will enter at false places, I wrote that to you before, at since most of the signals and exits has to do with the squeeze break almost everything will be wrong