Re: Chaos Visual Averages Indicators for MT4

Jimmy wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:53 am
Fast WPR moves first, followed by slow WPR
When the single, fast WPR is Oversold or Overbought, you can scalp these reversals.
When both fast and slow WPR are Oversold or Overbought, these show that the market is going to reverse for a significant amount.
Here's a quick guide with some examples pointed out :)
Sorry to interfere:
I am not trying to criticize your explanation but - to me - it seems to simplify matters a bit (but that bit may be quite decisive):
While what you write isn't wrong as such - I think it will be difficult to make money trading according to these rules:
a) even your example had a case in which double OB didn't indicate a trend reversal but was simply a pullback in an uptrend
b) much more important, though, price can stay OB or OS for a very long time in a trend; so you can lose a lot of money adhering to the principles you mention.
Don't take this the wrong way I am just stating my opinion.
(People should really think about this OB/OS-approach, I don't think it's really the best answer - see my post about SLOPE above).
These users thanked the author josi for the post (total 2):
alexm, Jedidiah

josi wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:20 am
Sorry to interfere:
That's fine. It's simply an explanation of how it is and can be used. Obviously it's not perfect, I just posted the photo with explanations.

If I wanted to demonstrate and cherry pick perfect examples I would have used the higher timeframe charts. But it's busy here and as staff we're juggling tasks already. I'm just trying to help new traders with a visual explanation.

If you can explain it better with pictures just like I have, please go ahead.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 3):
simontw, myrelax82, Jedidiah
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Jimmy wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:53 am

Fast WPR moves first, followed by slow WPR
When the single, fast WPR is Oversold or Overbought, you can scalp these reversals.
When both fast and slow WPR are Oversold or Overbought, these show that the market is going to reverse for a significant amount.

Here's a quick guide with some examples pointed out :)
Thank you soo muchh for this explanation and example! It makes so much more sense now... I still have a looong way to go, but I guess I have been doing something right without understanding the why and how. It's even a wonder that I am making money on my demo account without understanding this basic and crusial information.

I will go look at a LOT of charts with this new info. Thanks again! And if you know of any good tutorials on haos or chaos, please let me know?

[quote=cinare post_id=1295408864 time=1587746149 user_id=4939053]

I'm also using SnR lines to help with SL/TL. It helps "predict" possible gain/loss. Is that indeed the way too go or do you recommend something else? After your explanation, I dove into the charts a bit. I already saw that fast only can also cause a trendshift while both fast and slow together can also mean a small reversal instead of a trend shift. So I will use it as a guide, not a set rule. But the best possible explanation to make me understand... Thanks again.

Anyway, SNR lines, good idea or not or do you recommend something else or additional indicator to use with Haos?