Re: Range and Renko Indicators for MT4

Ogee wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:38 pm Don't know of any specific indicators but many can be tuned to do that by lag eg stochastic 10 3 2.

Stochastic obos alerts + arrows + lines.mq4

FxSoni Entry v3.a.ex4

Yo, that Soni Entry is absolutely Perfect! I wish it had push notifications because that is precisely what I was looking for. The stock works on crosses, but it switches back and forth a lot. I would have alerts firing all day.

naluvs01 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:27 pm Yo, that Soni Entry is absolutely Perfect! I wish it had push notifications because that is precisely what I was looking for. The stock works on crosses, but it switches back and forth a lot. I would have alerts firing all day.
Try stoch color obos exit arrows with smoothing set to 2 and Heiken Ashi arrows.

These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
naluvs01

Ogee wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:07 pm Try stoch color obos exit arrows with smoothing set to 2 and Heiken Ashi arrows.

! Stoch - color (mtf + arrows + alerts).ex4

heiken ashi arrows (mtf + alerts).ex4
Thanks for your response. However, I don't see the smoothing option on the indicator you provided. I will reveal what I'm trying to accomplish with a screen shot as well.

Below is a Renko chart with Guppy MAs, plus 2 LWMA (120, 480). The reason for the two LWMA is it reveals where price is relative to the past week (120) and month (480). Also, the Renko brick size is set to 15. The MACD is set to Bill Williams settings (5, 34, 5) and the ADX set to 5, level 25. I use the Wilders 3.5 that Mr. Tools updated, that gives me an alert every time the DI+/- crosses the 25 level. He’s a magician at coding. Also, I’m using the Daily lines indicator and MTF Hi LOW V1 indicator to show last month’s, weeks and daily’s highs and lows (for S/R). Based on these settings, the Renko chart resembles the one-hour, time-based chart. This is how I decided on the settings for the larger moving averages on Renko.

My strategy is quite simple, you basically want price above/below all averages to buy/sell. Your entry is when these conditions are met:
Two consecutive Renko bars occur (this is where Heiken Ashi alerts come into play!)
MACD bar is above/below the signal line and zero cross
ADX DI+/- is above 25 level
And you want to avoid buying/selling at S/R levels (this is where MTF Hi LOW V1 helps)

Basically, the Heiken Ashi alerts and ADX is all you need for alerts and the other indicators are used to filter out false signals. I absolutely love Renko because I get signals when the market is actually moving and Heiken Ashi helps keep me in the trend. By combining the two, it makes a phenomenal and powerful strategy.

I’m still developing ways to gauge the relative strength on all the currencies like using the CCFP on 1 hour set to 20 fast/100 slow MA and the Currency Slope Strength indicators (default settings on 1 hour) to further filter out false signals. But for the most part, this system seems to be solid. Any help to improve this setup, is more than welcomed…thanks!

p.s. Set the Wilders indicator to period 2, level 25 and smoothing to 0 in order for it to match MT4's ADX 5 period. Also, the Renko indicator is set to Rail to Rail, not no Gap.
These users thanked the author naluvs01 for the post:
RodrigoRT7

Renko Chart Builders (Original, No-Gap, Rail to Rail, Median, Median No-Gap) to make Offline Renko Charts.

Indicators and Template to place on the Offline Charts (+ the Close All EA).

(will lookup some vids etc on Renko trading to post as well)

5 points (50 pip) bricks

These users thanked the author Ogee for the post (total 6):
shinnosuke, TransparentTrader, RodrigoRT7, vahid200, Jimmy, cmetrader

SadRe: Range and Renko Indicators for MT4

I asked ChatGPT to "please help me develop a mql4 code using the newest mql4 language parameters for an indicator that uses ticks to calculate price for an adjustable number of points, volume for an adjustable number of points, and time it takes price to move an adjustable number of points as constants to determine bearish and bullish price, volume, and time." It responded:
"Sure, here's an example MQL4 code that uses ticks to calculate price, volume, and time to determine bearish and bullish signals based on adjustable parameters:

Code: Select all

#property indicator_chart_window

extern int PricePoints = 10;  // Number of points to calculate price
extern int VolPoints = 10;    // Number of points to calculate volume
extern int TimePoints = 10;   // Number of points to calculate time

double BearishPrice, BullishPrice;
double BearishVol, BullishVol;
double BearishTime, BullishTime;

int init()
{
    // Initialize variables
    BearishPrice = 0;
    BullishPrice = 0;
    BearishVol = 0;
    BullishVol = 0;
    BearishTime = 0;
    BullishTime = 0;

return(0);
}

int start()
{
    // Calculate current price, volume, and time
    double price = Bid;
    double volume = Volume[0];
    datetime time = TimeCurrent();

// Calculate bearish and bullish signals based on adjustable parameters
    double price_diff = price - iClose(Symbol(), PERIOD_TICK, 1);
    double vol_diff = volume - iVolume(Symbol(), PERIOD_TICK, 1);
    double time_diff = time - iTime(Symbol(), PERIOD_TICK, 1);

if (price_diff < -PricePoints * Point)
    {
        BearishPrice++;
        BullishPrice = 0;
    }
    else if (price_diff > PricePoints * Point)
    {
        BullishPrice++;
        BearishPrice = 0;
    }
    else
    {
        BearishPrice = 0;
        BullishPrice = 0;
    }

if (vol_diff < -VolPoints)
    {
        BearishVol++;
        BullishVol = 0;
    }
    else if (vol_diff > VolPoints)
    {
        BullishVol++;
        BearishVol = 0;
    }
    else
    {
        BearishVol = 0;
        BullishVol = 0;
    }

if (time_diff > TimePoints)
    {
        BearishTime++;
        BullishTime = 0;
    }
    else if (time_diff < -TimePoints)
    {
        BullishTime++;
        BearishTime = 0;
    }
    else
    {
        BearishTime = 0;
        BullishTime = 0;
    }

// Output signals
    Comment("Bearish Price: ", BearishPrice, " | Bullish Price: ", BullishPrice,
            "\nBearish Volume: ", BearishVol, " | Bullish Volume: ", BullishVol,
            "\nBearish Time: ", BearishTime, " | Bullish Time: ", BullishTime);

return(0);
}
As you can see there is int and not OnInit and Calculate and not OnCalculate in the code. I'm not sure if the problem is with me, "Chat" or one of the members of "GPT" but this is not what I had in mind. Could someone please help me correct/develop this code? Thank you

Sincerely (If not inspired to humor)

RauHer

Renko Adaptive Indicator as Candlesticks

This is the renko adaptive indicator made into a candle's version.

PS: For the on-chart lines version by Mrtools, please see: Renko Adaptive indicator for MT4.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 10):
Jimmy, TransparentTrader, kvak, nbibu, Krunal Gajjar, RodrigoRT7, 太虚一毫, Mundu19, pantera, RauHer

mrtools wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:24 am This is the renko adaptive indicator made into a candle's version.
Renko Adaptive Candles! Can't wait to try this out brother thank you for our new indicator I think this one will be a hit :clap:

PS: The developer is almost finished sorting out our "Latest posts" feed so hoping it's ready by tonight.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 2):
mrtools, RodrigoRT7
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance