Re: Velocity - Momentum & ROC Indicators

Dear friends,

I hope i write it in a correct sub-thread. I'm looking for an indi, which would show me whether the price tends to trend or range. Something like bugged default adx in mt4, that means values would be only >0. Since I do trade a lot on 1M I would prefer to have multiple options so I could adjust it to my needs. I'd like to use it to avoid extreme 7-8 pip/hour periods like EU likes to do again lately. Any advice is welcome, I'll try the above laguerre ROC one.

edit: Laguerre ROC doesn't draw anything in my platform, I guess it's the mt4 build bug?

mades wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:50 pm Dear friends,

I hope i write it in a correct sub-thread. I'm looking for an indi, which would show me whether the price tends to trend or range. Something like bugged default adx in mt4, that means values would be only >0. Since I do trade a lot on 1M I would prefer to have multiple options so I could adjust it to my needs. I'd like to use it to avoid extreme 7-8 pip/hour periods like EU likes to do again lately. Any advice is welcome, I'll try the above laguerre ROC one.

edit: Laguerre ROC doesn't draw anything in my platform, I guess it's the mt4 build bug?
Did you try using the trend direction and force index?

mades wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:08 pm What's the latest version? I have smoothed 4.5. I remember playing with it and I wasn't particularly impressed but I'll give it a 2nd shot.
I think 4_6 is the latest version from smoothed,thare are Averages versions of this too
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Blau - ergodic cmi 2
MLADEN : William Blau uses EMA in his calculation (various depth of ema(ema(....)))
This is a variation of this indicator (Momentum Indicator) - that does not use EMA but instead uses "Super Smoothed" for the same thing . it is significantly smoother than the original and in some cases,it is obvious that it is significantly faster - where in some cases the ema version even did not notice the start of a down trend - so it seems that the "reaction time" of this one after the sudden price changes is much better
experimenting/comparison advised regarding EMA or Super Smoothed (regular ver and this ver 2)
Some more methods are requested - especially Tema
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.