Re: XO - Indicators

moey_dw wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:14 pm :oops: :oops: :oops:
I edited out that question. Somehow when I read, "But other than that, they are point and figure indicators" in the first post, in my mind this registered, "But other than that, they are not point and figure indicators." so that confused me that's why I asked the question. I must have been too much in a rush. Sorry about that. :)

global wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:54 pm Hi Mr. Tools, thank you very much for this XO indicator. I'm trying it out right now and it looks so promising that I expect lots of pips. However, I'm trying to understand how to it works and how to use it. In the first post of this thread states,

What is the significance of the upper and lower levels 1 and -1? Does it mean that it is a strong signal/trend when the lines are above or below those levels? I'll be grateful if you can help me understand this. Thanks.
Originally think it was zero cross during the stage of development someone came up with this idea to filter the entries more.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
moey_dw

Eddie_83 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:12 am can you please modify the point and figure chart version, make it ATR instead of fixed boxes
I know there is xo indicator with ATR input already but i am looking for the chart version

PointAndFigureChart_v1.0 600+ (1).mq4
Have looked at it already and couldn't figure out how to change the values, maybe check with Igorad, looks like he programmed it.

Edit just thought of a possible way, try it out. BoxSize will be your Atr period if using atr.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
Eddie_83, 太虚一毫

mrtools wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:57 am Have looked at it already and couldn't figure out how to change the values, maybe check with Igorad, looks like he programmed it.

Edit just thought of a possible way, try it out. BoxSize will be your Atr period if using atr.
I placed the indicator along trend XO ATR and there is a big diffrence
I tried messing with the code too and I am thinking of making the ATR holder an array , and dividing it buy points to get the current ATR in pips but the result was bad; cause the indicator kept repainting the whole chart for the current ATR you can take a look at it. note I am new to mt4