Re: 4 Time Frame and All TFs Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:55 am Something I didn't think about asking, are you wanting a 4 timeframe APB of the candles or of the wicks, been looking in the wingdings for something to use both but haven't found anything.
I'm wondering if some sort of neutral-colored signal can be made if a candle has an APB wick hinting off for a reversal or consolidation signal, then maybe a gray/neutral color-body can be generated for that specific timeframe?

I was thinking of just using the colors of the candle-bodies, but now, I think you may be onto something if a neutral color can also be generated.
For example, I use blue and red for buy and sell, so I'm thinking the occasional neutral wick signals can also be accounted for and be colored a duller color of blue and red...
So, it's 4 possible signals: buy, sell, neutral-buy, neutral-sell.
What do you think?
My goal is to make advanced algorithm strategies, coded and simplified.
Trading psychology and ease-of-use are top priorities.

-GoldenBrett90

GoldenBrett90 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:24 am I'm wondering if some sort of neutral-colored signal can be made if a candle has an APB wick hinting off for a reversal or consolidation signal, then maybe a gray/neutral color-body can be generated for that specific timeframe?

I was thinking of just using the colors of the candle-bodies, but now, I think you may be onto something if a neutral color can also be generated.
For example, I use blue and red for buy and sell, so I'm thinking the occasional neutral wick signals can also be accounted for and be colored a duller color of blue and red...
So, it's 4 possible signals: buy, sell, neutral-buy, neutral-sell.
What do you think?
Not sure haven't done one that way but will try.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
GoldenBrett90

mrtools wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:47 am Not sure haven't done one that way but will try.
I'm no coder, but I would assume you'd have to attach a function to what defines the difference of a solid, trending candle-body and a candle-body that has the different type of reversal/consolidation wicks.
I may have to research a little real quick...

Using the original Synergy_Pro_APB version, there are 5 total signals:

Regular buy: blue body & blue wick.
Regular sell: red body & red wick.
Short-body: typically a solid-colored doji.
Reversal: blue body & red wick or red body & blue wick.
Consolidation: either colored candle-bodies with a gray wick, I'm assuming this is defined in the code by inside-bars, I'm not sure, but it's crafty.

-GoldenBrett90

GoldenBrett90 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:08 am I'm no coder, but I would assume you'd have to attach a function to what defines the difference of a solid, trending candle-body and a candle-body that has the different type of reversal/consolidation wicks.
I may have to research a little real quick...

Using the original Synergy_Pro_APB version, there are 5 total signals:

Regular buy: blue body & blue wick.
Regular sell: red body & red wick.
Short-body: typically a solid-colored doji.
Reversal: blue body & red wick or red body & blue wick.
Consolidation: either colored candle-bodies with a gray wick, I'm assuming this is defined in the code by inside-bars, I'm not sure, but it's crafty.
Attachments

-GoldenBrett90