Re: Volume Indicators for MT4

The better volume is a great indicator. I have made the following observations as a addition to the already existing PDF file

- White/Red
A combination of reversal signals from other indicators and an occurrence of white and red candles (only in this order, important!!! The other way around, the white candle invalidates the red one again) in the Better Volume are a good signal for an incipient upward movement. Especially when other indicators are already in OS zone this can be a strong signal. - Red/White
In combination with reversal tendencies in other indicators in short direction, these speak for a beginning downward movement. Again, the signal is even stronger when other indicators are already in OB zone. - White
White candles occurring alone speak in combination with other indicators (for example with the HAOS) for a reversal signal in both directions. - Green
Green candles indicate a weakening or turning trend. - Yellow
Yellow candles often appear at the end of corrections. Afterwards, the previous movement usually continues.
These users thanked the author pail1217 for the post (total 3):
sylvester21, Giangyforex, RauHer

IndicatorRe: Volume Indicators for MT4

Hello Coders,

I have uploaded two folders of Volume Indicators. There is one for the MT4 platform and one for the MT5 platform. The codes need to be updated to be used with e a builder dot com which relies on indicator buffers, which is where i am trying to build indicators and expert advisors while I learn how to code. Would anyone be interested in updating these source codes and reuploading them to the database? I'm sure some of them could be improved with one or several upgrades using popularized metrics i.e., forecasting, neural networks, automated optimizations, multi point divergences etc. Divergences are discussed in detail on the meta trader site. I didn't post the link here because I couldn't remember if doing so would get me banned. Forgive the perhaps unnecessary restraint if you can. The article is called "Auto search for divergences and convergences" in the MT5 article section by Dmitry Fedoseev. Optimization is discussed in detail under the article heading "Optimizing a strategy using balance graph and comparing results with "Balance + max Sharpe Ratio" criterion" in the MT5 article section by Vladimir Karputov. Another article worth reading is titled "Implementing a Scalping Market Depth Using the CGraphic Library" in the MT5 article section by Vasiliy Sokolov. Market Depth would fall under the heading of Volume indicators. These articles would help to develop not only the indicators, but their individual respective and collective/combined/integrated trading strategies based on these upgrades. I'm sure there are similar articles available in the MT4 section for coders in search of good instruction. I, like any beginner, would be interested in the helping hand the source codes for these upgraded indicators would provide while I learn to code. Perhaps the quid pro quo lies in the inherent profit potential of these aforementioned suggestions for these specific indicators, and if not, then perhaps the quid pro quo lies in the profit potential inherent in the implementation of these upgrades in your personal indicators, strategies and expert advisors. Thank you in advance and happy coding.

mrtools wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:24 am Think so, not sure how this one will work, but try it out.

PS: Here's a guide on How to use the Tick Volume indicator.
Dear Mrtools,

This is an inspiring indicator. Thank you very much. Considering further inspiration: multi pointed divergences and multi linear regression forecasting (linear regression of each of the indicator buffers including 0 level and divergences, their interactions i.e. is above, is below, crosses etc.) to help identify trade entries and exits seems like an appropriate direction for inspired upgrades. Someone will inevitably ask for MTF, arrows, alerts, push notifications, multi pair/symbols, a currency strength and currency pair strength aspect listing the main 8 currencies and their 28 pairs, XAUUSD gold, XAGUSD silver, crude oil USA and EUR in descending order from most bullish to most bearish on multiple time frames weighted by volume, price, time, spread and swap price, updated every tick with low cpu load to keep things running smoothly with an mql4 and mql5 source file and ex4 and ex5 files to reduce heavy lifting on your side, which you and the community will, inevitably, thank them for, so I will just add all those essentials here to save the community some time, heavy lifting and heavy threading. To the community: Forgive, if you can, my perhaps, inspired humor due to the unrelenting due diligence of this inspiring group. This community has certainly made life easier for an inspiring group of people. THANK YOU ALL!!!

Sincerely (if not inspired to humor),

RauHer

Hello Community,

Here is an edited version of a trend strength multi pair indicator. I edited the number of pairs to include the majors, minors and gold. I didn't include the other commodities because the original author didn't explicitly say it was possible. At this point it looks like a grid of different colored squares on the chart with no time frame or currency pair information, but it might be entertaining to cozy up to with enough social lubrication, which is essentially how I have been trading to date. My thinking is that it could be used as a model to be developed into something that helps identify entries and exits using the MTF aspect. The original authors post is still in the codebase at the mql website for reference. I thought it would be cool to modify it to use the 38 and counting averages, and 33 and counting prices to determine strength from a price/volatility/range/trend/percent change etc. perspective, and use the attached tick indicator to calculate different tick, volume, time and spread metrics to determine strength through those respective metrics, their respective individual derivatives and their respective and collective combinations i.e. VWAP, EVMA, TVI, Spread tracker, Volume Profile, Specialized Renko (See attached images) etc. Keeping the MTF structure for each respective metric would keep the indicator useful for determining entries and exits from within the indicator even just for manual trading. I don't know how to do any of that but i would love to learn as soon as the sauce from this most recent coding attempt wears off... Is there anyone here who can spare a coding compass for a new coder? I haven't gone through the entire mql site for instruction because I think it would be better to apprentice with a more experienced coder even if all they did was point me in the direction of books/sites/threads etc. to read. I am trying to develop on the ea builder framework while I learn to code so I need to know how to develop in that direction at least for now. I included a correlations table for reference to assist newer traders in understanding how to better trade the USD Basket and for consideration as an additional metric for inclusion in projects on the forum. EURUSD, GBPUSD, AUDUSD, NZDUSD generally move in the same direction. USDCAD, USDCHF and USDJPY generally move in the same direction. The first group also generally moves in the opposite direction of the second group. If one or several pairs in the first group is trending upwards it is advised to buy all four pairs in the first group and sell the three pairs in the second group. The inverse is also true which would mean selling the first group while buying the second group. In conclusion, GENERALLY, BUT NOT ALWAYS, any buy or sell trades placed for the first group should have the opposite trades placed for the second group. The attached USDX indicator shows if the USD is trending upwards or downwards through its use of moving averages. It can be used to trade the major pairs in the two groups of the USD basket. If the USD is trending upwards, sell the first group and buy the second group. If the USD is trending downwards, buy the first group and sell the second group. The attached DollarIndex file does the same thing but only considers volume and not price action. If the value/line is above the midline, sell the first group and buy the second group. If the value/line is below the midline, buy the first group and sell the second group. Adapting the attached WelchBBWidth indicator to be calculated using the parameters for the calculation of the USDX and DollarIndex indicators would give us indications of directional price action and directional volume action volatility changes to keep us out of liquidity sweeps and give us directional trade indications. These signals would be better confirmed with a MTF/AHTF aspect. Adapting the Renko model to introduce these indications would make it a more robust system and help with the range-bound liquidity-sweep equity-monsters that the renko system is so vulnerable to. This could be achieved, at least in part, with the attached indicators. ATR and Spread considerations for box sizes, trade entries and exits, and even just staying out of the market would also address some of the weaknesses in the renko approach to trading. A time segmented volume/price/range/spread/time (see attached tick indicator and Time Segmented Volume indicator) aspect would help with forecasting metrics along their respective and collective individual and combined parameters as well as for the USDX, Dollar Index, WelchBBWidth and multipair currency/trend strength indicators. Modifications to these indicators to include the already coded 38 and counting averages, and 33 and counting prices, and volume metrics would make them more comprehensive, and therefore, more effective for profitable trading. Calculation of multi pointed divergences, as referenced in my earlier posts, using these different tick/price/spread/time/Bid/Ask/BidAsk/Mean (see attached tick indicator), averages, prices, volumes, multipair currency/trend strength, and time segmented metrics would make the divergence model more comprehensive, and therefore, more effective for profitable trading. Since forecasting relies on data already received, the forecasting metrics would be greatly enhanced by using these updated, more comprehensive, indicators (see attached marney_volume_indicator-extended and marney_range_indicator-extended indicators). Many thanks in advance for your considerations and contributions.

Sincerely (if not inspired to humor)

RauHer

RauHer wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:34 am Dear Mrtools,

This is an inspiring indicator. Thank you very much. Considering further inspiration: multi pointed divergences and multi linear regression forecasting (linear regression of each of the indicator buffers including 0 level and divergences, their interactions i.e. is above, is below, crosses etc.) to help identify trade entries and exits seems like an appropriate direction for inspired upgrades. Someone will inevitably ask for MTF, arrows, alerts, push notifications, multi pair/symbols, a currency strength and currency pair strength aspect listing the main 8 currencies and their 28 pairs, XAUUSD gold, XAGUSD silver, crude oil USA and EUR in descending order from most bullish to most bearish on multiple time frames weighted by volume, price, time, spread and swap price, updated every tick with low cpu load to keep things running smoothly with an mql4 and mql5 source file and ex4 and ex5 files to reduce heavy lifting on your side, which you and the community will, inevitably, thank them for, so I will just add all those essentials here to save the community some time, heavy lifting and heavy threading. To the community: Forgive, if you can, my perhaps, inspired humor due to the unrelenting due diligence of this inspiring group. This community has certainly made life easier for an inspiring group of people. THANK YOU ALL!!!

Sincerely (if not inspired to humor),

RauHer
This might be a couple of newer versions.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 4):
RauHer, Chickenspicy, TransparentTrader, 太虚一毫

This is another attempt at coding using the eabuilder.com website. I tried to code a MTF Trading Volume CCI and there is literally nothing in the cci window. I was trying to determine the 3 hour to 2 day market direction for scalping using this indicator. Sometimes an asset will range for days because there isn't institutional interest. At other times as asset will trend in one direction for days or weeks because of large institutional interest. This indicator would help to identify these different periods to make intra-day and inter-day trading profitable. If this concept sounds lucrative then feel free to expand on it. I can't go any further with it than CCI window with nothing in it. I attached my failed attempt and the base indicator to build the cci to this post.

Sincerely (If not inspired to humor)

RauHer