How to avoid situations like this?

Hello guys,I am currently working on a strategy using Connors RSI and Trend direction & force indicator. It performs quite good, but there is one bottleneck which is pretty much causing a lot of false signals.Here is an example of such a situation:The signals are generated if both indicators are below their bottom lines. But changing those is no option because that would mean to also filter alot of good signals.  

So basically I would like to ask you guys if you know any strategy/indicator, to detect those "waterfalls" to avoid getting so many false signals.Any help/tip is highly appreciated.Thank you.Kind regards,
gelsas
Attachments

Re: How to avoid situations like this?

gelsas wrote:Hello guys,I am currently working on a strategy using Connors RSI and Trend direction & force indicator. It performs quite good, but there is one bottleneck which is pretty much causing a lot of false signals.Here is an example of such a situation:The signals are generated if both indicators are below their bottom lines. But changing those is no option because that would mean to also filter alot of good signals.  

So basically I would like to ask you guys if you know any strategy/indicator, to detect those "waterfalls" to avoid getting so many false signals.Any help/tip is highly appreciated.Thank you.Kind regards,
gelsas
If you are looking for counter trend signals (and it seems that you are), why don't you generate signals when the indicators revert (exit) from OB/OS zones to neutral zones and not when they are entering OB/OS zones?

gelsas wrote:Hello guys,I am currently working on a strategy using Connors RSI and Trend direction & force indicator. It performs quite good, but there is one bottleneck which is pretty much causing a lot of false signals.Here is an example of such a situation:The signals are generated if both indicators are below their bottom lines. But changing those is no option because that would mean to also filter alot of good signals. ......
gelsas
First,it is so strange when some of our friends hide some portion or part of their HG and then asking some thing about,for fast and max approximating it is good to view whole picture,any way increase periods of conners,may be it help you,just my guess.
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

gelsas wrote:Hello guys,I am currently working on a strategy using Connors RSI and Trend direction & force indicator. It performs quite good, but there is one bottleneck which is pretty much causing a lot of false signals.Here is an example of such a situation:The signals are generated if both indicators are below their bottom lines. But changing those is no option because that would mean to also filter alot of good signals.  

gelsas

Gelsas, this indicator should do as Mladen was suggesting. You need to experiment with the levels though to get the arrows where you want them.

Pava wrote:I told you so...
With my normal strategy i got 60% win rate right now, but I want to improve it. There must be other ways to detect this waterfalls.  

Idea: do not take trade if there are for example: more then 6 candle in a row which go in the same direction. only start taking trades again after first candle in oposite directon. But I think the problem with this idea is that it is still not filtering out waterfalls in a reliable way. (It will probably help, but not as much as I hope)

That is why I am asking for different suggestions.

kind regards,
gelsas