NO LINKS, SOURCE CODE REQUESTS OR MODIFICATION OF DECOMPILED INDICATORS. To avoid post deletion please follow the rules.

Re: Trend Direction Force Index Indicators MT4

hello all, i do find tdfi is valueable tool to detect range, which amazed me. i wish to learn the logic and concepts of it's calculation for addition knowledge.

i did open up mq4 to read it's formula but due to the codings, i cant make out any usefulness out from my limited brain. If someone could explain how tdfi works or concepts that gave birth to tdfi will do a great help for any trader.

have a nice day!

mrtools wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:54 am
najv wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:50 pm

The idea is to have more straight forward access to the information when the TDFI line changes its slope direction - I think the local extremes -- when the slope changes from up to down or from down to up ( same thing when the derivation of the TDFI line crosses zero)
These extremes of TDFI might be good indicators for partial profit taking - red lines on my pictures.
When looking on my pictures, the green lines indicating local valleys - local minimum (also zero crosses on derivative of the TDFI) could be used as add in points for already running trades.
There are of course some noise signals - so all the mtf and filtering options should be kept.
I cant tell right now if simple slope (=current value - previous value) or slope relative to value (= (current value-previous value) /current value) would be better. If possible allow both as options.
I think the result could be shown as a line or as a histogram with positive/negative (or rising-declining positive and rising- declining negative)
Zero cross signals are obvious I guess, more signals could be arranged later perhaps..

Anyway, if you happen to find this interesting enough to invest your time, I would be grateful.
In case this is too time-consuming, I have a simpler option: add rising/declining colouring option to the existing indicator attached. Something like the standard awesome oscillator has. That would still be useful and perhaps could prove the idea.

Thanks, Najv

p.s. I see i missed some peaks and valleys in the drawings.. my mistake ... the idea would apply to those as well, it's not that I would not want those to be recognized
I'm not sure if I can do them that way since those histograms are not your typical histograms, but let's see what I can come up with. But think I can change the outer line color depending on slope, would that help?
Yes, that would definitely show what I'm thinking about. If it can be like *going up and being above level = colour1, *going down and being above level=colour2, *going down and being below level = colour3, *going up and being below level = colour4.

As for the more complicated calculation path - if it is possible to work with the number value of TDFI for each candle.. , just want to make a difference between current and last value and possibly divide by current. So we would get the value of the slope TDFI indicator .
Thank you!

najv

VNPython wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:10 am
hello all, i do find tdfi is valueable tool to detect range, which amazed me. i wish to learn the logic and concepts of it's calculation for addition knowledge.

i did open up mq4 to read it's formula but due to the codings, i cant make out any usefulness out from my limited brain. If someone could explain how tdfi works or concepts that gave birth to tdfi will do a great help for any trader.

have a nice day!
can you post a chart how you see the range by TDFI?
thank you.

hey forum,

I am trying to understand which one is the latest version and its very hard . What is the difference between Trend direction and force index - smoothed 4_6.ex4 and Trend direction & force index - averages smoothed (multisymbol + arrows + alerts).ex4
Trend direction and force index - smoothed 4_6.ex4
(156.28 KiB) Downloaded 290 times
Trend direction & force index - averages smoothed (multisymbol + arrows + alerts).ex4
(156.71 KiB) Downloaded 588 times

daproject85 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:41 pm
hey forum,

I am trying to understand which one is the latest version and its very hard . What is the difference between Trend direction and force index - smoothed 4_6.ex4 and Trend direction & force index - averages smoothed (multisymbol + arrows + alerts).ex4
this would be the latest one
Trend direction & force index - averages smoothed (multisymbol + arrows + alerts).ex4

behaves similar way but latest version is much smoother and advanced with many option to choose from.

1. Similar Topics

1. Dashboard Direction Trend

2 Replies 3076 Views

by MayaxatL, Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:33 am in Trading Systems

2 Replies
    2. True Strenght Index (TSI) 6 BUY / SELL strategies

17 Replies 3846 Views

by Claywalker, Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:47 am in Trader's Lounge

17 Replies
    3. "Force installed" COVID App by Google

0 Replies 119 Views

by ChuChu Rocket, Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:55 pm in Forex Fundamentals & News