Re: VQ - Volatility Quality Indicators MT4

najv wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:33 pm Hello MrTools, Mladen, Kvak and all the other VQ coders and users.

First of all, I totally love VQ, and I have the most important question. (maybe this is evident or was said before, if so please forgive me, but I still need to know:-)
Is the VQ indicator I am attaching really safe of repainting? When the arrow is there, is there absolutely no chance it could recalculate it away after the candle is closed?
I use it on current TF, see the attached settings, I also attach the indicator version I am using.

Thank you for any answers, I thing I have just seen an arrow disappear on finished candle. But it was a fast market move, so it is possible that the candle was not finished yet. But I really need to know:-)

Thank You!!
Looking in the code no repaint after candle finished, but feel free to test it yourself.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
najv

I added ADR to the list of volatility tools

it is very close to Classic ATR though
edit : I added ADR Open-Close wchich is a bit different

I also set the default multiplier to GARCH to 10 instead of 100 which is closer to ATR values

Which other volatility measurement should I add next ?

Jeff
EDIT : check version 1.20 under this post
Attachments
These users thanked the author ionone for the post:
Chickenspicy

I modified the indi again by creating an "Open-Close" Adaptive ATR version (no gap)
Instead of using HIgh and Low in the calculation MathMax(o, c) and MathMin(o, c) are used
not sure if that's really useful, but more tuning variables the better i think

so here is v1.20
EDIT : sorry I posted in the wrong thread, it should've been in Volatility Indicator Thread (I put latest V1.30 there)
These users thanked the author ionone for the post (total 4):
Jedidiah, RodrigoRT7, najv, andrei-1

kvak wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:45 am I adjust indicator with levels and neutral zones logic.
Levels need manually adjust for different symbols...
You may try...
Thank you so much for all your efforts. We are always looking for ways to "confirm the semafor" on Xard's charts, this looks to do a great job of that...semafor with a VQ arrow in the direction of the latest major semafor, looks good

DaveTrader wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:41 pm We are always looking for ways to "confirm the semafor" on Xard's charts...
Just a question:
if you have to "confirm the semafor" (because it can repaint) by using some other indicator (that doesn't), couldn't you leave out the semafore and only use the signal of the second ("confirming") indicator (as this seems to give the trading signal)?