Re: Adaptive Indicators for MT4

AteszBatesz wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:17 am Hello

Is this possible to add Arrow on first bars

Right now the m15 arrow shows at M1 chart wrongly the arrow. Should be later

thanks
Hi AteszBatesz,

Try this version, haven't tested so could you please verify it is working correctly.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
RodrigoRT7

ARSI RSI Adaptive (on chart)

This is a rsi adaptive averages filtered. Averages available are

Code: Select all

enum  enMaTypes
      {
         ma_sma,                                                            // Simple moving average
         ma_ema,                                                            // Exponential moving average
         ma_smma,                                                           // Smoothed MA
         ma_lwma,                                                           // Linear weighted MA
         ma_slwma,                                                          // Smoothed LWMA
         ma_dsema,                                                          // Double Smoothed Exponential average
         ma_tema,                                                           // Triple exponential moving average - TEMA
         ma_lsma,                                                           // Linear regression value (lsma)
         ma_nlma,                                                           // Non Lag moving average - NLMA
      };
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 5):
josi, kvak, alexm, Chickenspicy, RodrigoRT7

Jimmy wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:55 pm Thank you Mrtools & pfxi.

For counter-trend trading, here is a settings template that can produce solid reversal signals that I'd like to share.

• Deviation With Sample Correction: On
  • WPR Period: 100
  • Arrows On Exiting OB/OS Areas On
  • Adaptive Price to use: Close

As we all know, when traditional oscillators give us signals of reversals, these are usually too early. These particular settings will help identify reversal signals by only showing us when WPR is exiting the OB/OS (Overbought/Oversold) zones. The extended WPR length makes the indicator a tad slower but filters the early signals without too much lag.

Please try them :)
hello my friends, how are you? Is there a possibility to include the averages in this indicator?? I even made a post talking about how it is useful in the counter trend. :D

Thank you very much, in advance
These users thanked the author RodrigoRT7 for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, sylvester21

RodrigoRT7 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:11 am hello my friends, how are you? Is there a possibility to include the averages in this indicator?? I even made a post talking about how it is useful in the counter trend. :D

Thank you very much, in advance
Had to completely redo it so please make sure it is working correctly.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 7):
RodrigoRT7, Chickenspicy, Krunal Gajjar, kvak, alexm, pail1217, marwilli

RodrigoRT7 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:37 pm wow!!! thank you so much again for your generosity. this indicator is very interesting due to its objectivity. in addition, you can capture good analysis of divergences. :D

super thanks again. :D

For me personally, this is yet another indicator we can use to accurately identify local/maximum tops and bottoms in a non-repainting fashion.

I think at some point this year we're going to need to compare all indicators providing such a function and see which one stands out best in terms of accuracy and consistency.

Perhaps one indicator works better on the M1 timeframe while another one is best suited for the M15 timeframe. Or one indicator is universally the best but the settings have to be changed for each timeframe. Hell, even changing the instruments may change which indicator and/or indicator settings are the best.

But I believe we're getting much closer to the answer, largely in thanks to coders like mrtools who are making our wishes come true!
These users thanked the author TransparentTrader for the post (total 2):
RodrigoRT7, Chickenspicy

TransparentTrader wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:50 pm For me personally, this is yet another indicator we can use to accurately identify local/maximum tops and bottoms in a non-repainting fashion.

I think at some point this year we're going to need to compare all indicators providing such a function and see which one stands out best in terms of accuracy and consistency.

Perhaps one indicator works better on the M1 timeframe while another one is best suited for the M15 timeframe. Or one indicator is universally the best but the settings have to be changed for each timeframe. Hell, even changing the instruments may change which indicator and/or indicator settings are the best.

But I believe we're getting much closer to the answer, largely in thanks to coders like mrtools who are making our wishes come true!
I fully agree with what you are saying. also by coincidence, I've been trying to map this for a few days. indicators like normal WPR, adaptive WPR, Jurik Volty, Chaos, JMA ppo, Haos Visual Filtred...

it's even hard to choose among so many incredible indicators, for these and many others that I am completely grateful for the generosity of the community and our incredible programmers.

not to mention who organizes all this, which I deduce is Jimmy and his moderators. :D
These users thanked the author RodrigoRT7 for the post:
Chickenspicy