Re: Supertrend indicators for MT4

thomdel wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:49 pm @mrtools

Respected Sir, Please see this request.

Please Try to Add these Params : Line Width, Arrows ( Arrow Code, Arrow Size, Arrow Colour, Arrow Gap ), Colour Candles ( Candle Body Width, Wick Width, Candle Colour )

Thanks for your Generosity. Thanks
SuperTrend of CCI

Added arrows,auto candles, and shadow lines.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 14):
thomdel, Jimmy, moey_dw, bigdee, humbatov, QSD, Skyold, RodrigoRT7, michaelB, talaate, 太虚一毫, Jedidiah, andrewstone, numega

mrtools wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:46 am Added arrows,auto candles, and shadow lines.
Respected Sir,
Thank You for this awesome additions. Thanks for your Generosity, Kindness, Shares.

If Possible, Please Add these 2 Options : 1) Use ATR Multiplier : True / False 2) ATR Multiplier : 3.0 (Changeable Value )
( Sorry, I forgot to mention in earlier posts )

Thanks for all the Gifts provided by You on this Forum. Thanks.

mrtools wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:46 am Added arrows,auto candles, and shadow lines.
Beautiful Mrtools, thanks a lot for working on this gem :)
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
Jedidiah
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

thomdel wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:31 pm Respected Sir,
Thank You for this awesome additions. Thanks for your Generosity, Kindness, Shares.

If Possible, Please Add these 2 Options : 1) Use ATR Multiplier : True / False 2) ATR Multiplier : 3.0 (Changeable Value )
( Sorry, I forgot to mention in earlier posts )

Thanks for all the Gifts provided by You on this Forum. Thanks.
Multiplier option added.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 6):
thomdel, Skyold, navid110, 太虚一毫, talaate, Jedidiah

Hi @mrtools, can I just please check to see if anybody else is getting 'out of memory' errors with this indicator, I am running multiple instances of it and calling it with iCustom from another indicator. But after a good few hours I start to get these messages:

1 12:55:01.069 !SuperTrend cci (arrows + alerts + candles) EURUSD,M1: out of memory
1 12:56:01.485 !SuperTrend cci (arrows + alerts + candles) EURUSD,M1: out of memory
1 12:56:01.515 !SuperTrend cci (arrows + alerts + candles) EURUSD,M1: out of memory
1 12:56:01.545 !SuperTrend cci (arrows + alerts + candles) EURUSD,M1: out of memory

Further testing and unsurprisingly it looks like the indicator itself is fine (I should know better than to question mrtools talent). The memory is leaking out of the indicators that are calling the indicator with iCustom - so its definitely me and not the indi. Apologies for any time wasted.

Actually investigating this further, it is specifically the iCustom call to SuperTrend that is causing the problem. It is coded to make the call once every new bar, and like clockwork, every time it makes that call, the memory usage increases until of course it cannot increase any more. I also make some calls on another custom indi, and that doesn't do the same thing. If I disable the Supertrend call from my code, then they memory usage remains constant. Is there anything in the SuperTrend indi that might not play nicely with iCustom ?

My Code is very simple:

Code: Select all

if ( iCustom(NULL,0,"!SuperTrend cci (arrows + alerts + candles)",60,"Close price",60,"Display line(s)",true,LimeGreen,Orange,1,LimeGreen,Orange,3,Linen,Green,Crimson,8,Linen,Lime,Orange,4,false,false,false,false,false,false,"alert2.wav",true,2,2,"Up in a circle type arrow","Down in a circle type arrow",0.5,0.5,LimeGreen,Orange,5,1) < 9999999 &&
        iCustom(NULL,0,"!SuperTrend cci (arrows + alerts + candles)",60,"Close price",60,"Display line(s)",true,LimeGreen,Orange,1,LimeGreen,Orange,3,Linen,Green,Crimson,8,Linen,Lime,Orange,4,false,false,false,false,false,false,"alert2.wav",true,2,2,"Up in a circle type arrow","Down in a circle type arrow",0.5,0.5,LimeGreen,Orange,5,2) > 9999999 ){
            SuperTrend=1;
            }
Thanks in advance to people.