Re: TMA - Triangular Moving Average indicators MT4

Simba wrote:
Hi Lucmat

Suggestion:Try HalfLength1=5*HalfLength2 instead of 4* for the tma ado_1
You may realize the 2 cycles in the oscillator sync better this way
You can also try 3*

The reason why of using odd numbers in the cycle oscillator(Not in the centered sma's btw) is that you will better finetune the shorter cycle to the longer for real time entries(As you very well know,this indicator redraws

BOTH will signal an entry at approx the same time in real time

In real time,you will see the longer cycle crossing zero and the shorter one changing colour(or slope direction)

Test it and decide if the entries you get are good enough,you are not going to catch the absolute cyclic highs and lows this way in real time,but you may get fairly good entries

S
Long time no see
I see you refined the cycles approach

mladen wrote:
Long time no see
I see you refined the cycles approach
Hello Mladen

I think you will see me here often enough

You got yourself quite an exceptional team,specially with MrTools and Mntiwana,so,I am convinced this will be the highest quality trading forum,one worthy of participation without having to suffer interferences by the usual suspects trolling around like bitches in heat waiting to be mounted again

I didn't refine much.If one wants to sync 2 cycles,the ratio between the 2 MUST be odd.You need one and a half(or two and a half )shorter cycles to fit a HALF of the longer cycle,so,you use either 3* or 5* to match both bottoms and tops

5* is  a ratio I found was very common among several markets and timeframes

BTW:I don't particularly like the tma ado_1...What I Love are your TriangularMA centered asymmetric
bands,don't know if you plan for a mq5 conversion,but if you do,I will use them for sure

S

Simba wrote:
Hello Mladen

I think you will see me here often enough

You got yourself quite an exceptional team,specially with MrTools and Mntiwana,so,I am convinced this will be the highest quality trading forum,one worthy of participation without having to suffer interferences by the usual suspects trolling around like bitches in heat waiting to be mounted again

I didn't refine much.If one wants to sync 2 cycles,the ratio between the 2 MUST be odd.You need one and a half(or two and a half )shorter cycles to fit a HALF of the longer cycle,so,you use either 3* or 5* to match both bottoms and tops

5* is  a ratio I found was very common among several markets and timeframes

BTW:I don't particularly like the tma ado_1...What I Love are your TriangularMA centered asymmetric
bands,don't know if you plan for a mq5 conversion,but if you do,I will use them for sure

S
Ah, using the asymetricity
I don't know what is going on with gammarat now (for those that do not know it, that idea for that type of bands comes from gammarat)

In any case yes : it will be made for mt5 too (even though I will then again have to explain that centered TMA recalculates and not repaints, but what the heck :) )

FXSurf wrote:All I know is that the TMA bands (mladens TMAdgc) follow nicely the Wavetrend setup i use. 1h, 4h + D1
I use them since last year in quite a simple set up. Two in mtf mode and one with a shorter period within the  bands. Works on all timeframes. 
While I play a lot with indicators, for trading I normally don't use any in the subwindow. Just follow direction and higher TFs.
Attachments

FXSurf wrote:
From
Hi FXSurf
It make me confuse actually,TMAdgc was mistype problem,the actual name at post was like "TMAdcg" even then i am a bit confuse,it is actually MLADENS TMA on cog (center of gravity) don't know "d" come from where and why,here in picture goldenrod color band with blue/magenta diamonds are from "TMAdcg"
and Aqua color band with yellow center line (aqua/red cross signals) are from "TMA CG" same periods,only i decreased deviation intentionally to check ..... if deviation changed to same to TMAdcg then they 100% same.
then the actual/original TMA with bands is far different than these (not in the topic)
then there is TMA true,has nothing common with TMA and most versions are repainter too,TMA true is simply a LWMA (linear weighted moving average) though out of topic
then some fast TMA line indicators are same to centered TMA (repainter) so many variations glued with TMA ...
Attachments
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.