LikeRe: TMA - Triangular Moving Average indicators MT4

Hi mrtools,

I really love this indicator of yours.

Is it at all possible to have alerts and mobile alerts added to when:
- Price breaks upper band
- Price breaks lower band
- When centre band changes colour/direction

I know this indicator repaints/recalculates, however, having these alerts added will add great value to this already fantastic indicator.
I understand that your time is valuable and I very much hope this can be done.

Thank you and have a great day. :thumbup:
"Eat Drink and be Happy for tomorrow we Diet!"

Re: TMA - Triangular Moving Average indicators MT4

Banzai wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:37 am No more templates. I give you the TMA ATR Channel indicator from ATR Multiplier 1.618 to 3.236.
It has Multi-Time Frame and alerts when the prices hit one of the band in the channel.

For the prices, you get to choose from the basic 7: Close, Open, High, Low, Median, Typical, or Weighted.

Not for sale, rent, auction, nor lease
this is a great tool!

fellow traders, may i seek some guidance on this indicator:

is it repainting and/or recalculating after the candle closes?

also, any chance there is an MT5 version?

thanks!

Kiwi wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:53 am Hi Ronin

If you want to know how TMA works, read the beginning of the tread. It gives a detailed description.
hello kiwi, thanks for your reply. i have actually read this entire thread from p1 to the end.

thing is, the whole TMA topic is rather confusing and convoluted as there are even conflicting posts.

to my best gathering, centred TMA recalculates but standard TMA does not. i'm not even sure if i gathered right on that. also, i am particularly interested in and asking about the indicator TMA ATR channel as i have found that to be an exceptional addition to my system.

this is why i am hoping that one of the experts here can provide some guidance on my question about it...
These users thanked the author Ronin for the post:
Kiwi

Friends, on the same topic again, as posted just above.

Referring to this indicator posted by Banzai:

TMA ATR Channel (post #287 above):
viewtopic.php?p=1295394026#p1295394026

Same question as Mikepilot89's post #296 (not answered)

I am finding this indicator extremely useful, but find i need to understand it a little better.

Digging deeper, based on what i have read on this forum, centred TMA is recalculating and therefore repainting and regular TMA is not - it is simply double-smoothed.

My question is - is the indicator TMA ATR Channel a centred TMA or not? I am guessing it is centred, based on the smoothness of the centreline.

Apologies for my 'greenness', but i simply can't tell from the code and inputs.

Any help / guidance appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Ronin wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:57 pm Friends, on the same topic again, as posted just above.

Referring to this indicator posted by Banzai:

TMA ATR Channel (post #287 above):
viewtopic.php?p=1295394026#p1295394026

Same question as Mikepilot89's post #296 (not answered)

I am finding this indicator extremely useful, but find i need to understand it a little better.

Digging deeper, based on what i have read on this forum, centred TMA is recalculating and therefore repainting and regular TMA is not - it is simply double-smoothed.

My question is - is the indicator TMA ATR Channel a centred TMA or not? I am guessing it is centred, based on the smoothness of the centreline.

Apologies for my 'greenness', but i simply can't tell from the code and inputs.

Any help / guidance appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Hi, yes the 'centred' TMA recalculates the previous x number of candles on each new candle to smooth the curve.

Below is one with a 'Redraw' True/False input function so you can compare.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
Ronin

Ogee wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:49 pm Hi, yes the 'centred' TMA recalculates the previous x number of candles on each new candle to smooth the curve.

Below is one with a 'Redraw' True/False input function so you can compare.
Hello Ogee, thanks very much for the reply.

Does this mean to say that with this extreme TMA indicator, i am turning centering on and off by toggling between redraw True and False?

Therefore if redraw is off, the extreme TMA becomes a normal TMA without centering?

Thanks in advance!

Ronin wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:59 pm Hello Ogee, thanks very much for the reply.

Does this mean to say that with this extreme TMA indicator, i am turning centering on and off by toggling between redraw True and False?

Therefore if redraw is off, the extreme TMA becomes a normal TMA without centering?

Thanks in advance!
I'm not a coding expert but I believe that's correct. If you run the indicator on a simulator at high speed you can see, when the redraw is set to True, the lines of the last 10 odd candles slightly rearrange on each new candle close. When redraw is set to false there is no recalculation.

Ogee wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:25 pm I'm not a coding expert but I believe that's correct. If you run the indicator on a simulator at high speed you can see, when the redraw is set to True, the lines of the last 10 odd candles slightly rearrange on each new candle close. When redraw is set to false there is no recalculation.
sounds right ogee. i also tested against the 'true tma' indicator and both that and 'ext tma' match exactly when the latter is set to no redraw.

that said, do we have any standard (non centering) tma indicators that have multiple atr bands?

no luck finding one so far...