Re: TMA - Triangular Moving Average indicators MT4

Ronin wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:28 pm sounds right ogee. i also tested against the 'true tma' indicator and both that and 'ext tma' match exactly when the latter is set to no redraw.

that said, do we have any standard (non centering) tma indicators that have multiple atr bands?

no luck finding one so far...
This is a regular (non centered) Tma with multiple bands.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 9):
Ogee, Jimmy, thomdel, RplusT, alexm, Ronin, vvFish, Thangarasu, Jedidiah

Hello Guys, This is my first post on this website. I've been interested in using bands/ standard deviation channels to trade. Out of experience from trading on demo and system building, that most bands repaint. Long story short, I have a youtube link with this guy using Neualgo Bands. He claims his bands don't repaint. Is he lying? He mentions mladen and Mr.Tools on this youtube video. Does anyone know this guy?? Thanks in advance.

Here's the link to the video on youtube :)
Yeshua is Lord

andrewstone wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:42 am Hello Guys, This is my first post on this website. I've been interested in using bands/ standard deviation channels to trade. Out of experience from trading on demo and system building, that most bands repaint. Long story short, I have a youtube link with this guy using Neualgo Bands. He claims his bands don't repaint. Is he lying? He mentions mladen and Mr.Tools on this youtube video. Does anyone know this guy?? Thanks in advance.

Here's the link to the video on youtube :)
Hi, I don't know this guy, as far as I'm concerned it could be you, because you registered in August, the first post on September 4th and the video was posted on September 3rd, doesn't it seem strange to you? You want to advertise TMA bands who don't repaint? Thank you.
These users thanked the author pacois for the post:
Jimmy

pacois wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:56 am Hi, I don't know this guy, as far as I'm concerned it could be you, because you registered in August, the first post on September 4th and the video was posted on September 3rd, doesn't it seem strange to you? You want to advertise TMA bands who don't repaint? Thank you.
I see your point lol but I can promise you that's not me. I've been using this site for a long time and just decided to create a profile. He mentioned someone asked him a question about his bands repainting and that person is me. I screen recorded our conversation on instagram. I can show you. My name is LeroyPastranJr on instagram. I've used his NeuAlgo bands before and they repainted. That's why I messaged him in the first place confronting him. I told him people were talking about bands repainting on a different forum/website. I'm very new to coding and I trust the source from this website that's why I'm asking because I want to know if he's lying and taking advantage of me. I was going to pay him for these bands before I found them on clubbingbuy. He's claiming his bands don't repaint and all these other ones I find on forums or any other website is false compared to what he's using.
Yeshua is Lord

andrewstone wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:16 am I see your point lol but I can promise you that's not me. I've been using this site for a long time and just decided to create a profile. He mentioned someone asked him a question about his bands repainting and that person is me. I screen recorded our conversation on instagram. I can show you. My name is LeroyPastranJr on instagram. I've used his NeuAlgo bands before and they repainted. That's why I messaged him in the first place confronting him. I told him people were talking about bands repainting on a different form/website. I'm very new to coding and I trust the source from this website that's why I'm asking because I want to know if he's lying and taking advantage of me. I was going to pay him for these bands before I found them on clubbingbuy. He's claiming his bands don't repaint and all these other ones I find on forms or any other website is false compared to what he's using.
ok, thanks for your explanation.

andrewstone wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:16 am I see your point lol but I can promise you that's not me. I've been using this site for a long time and just decided to create a profile.
Hi, there are a number of issues going on here.

Difference between recalculating, repainting and backpainting.
also,
Bands; are they either ATR or Standard Deviations.

Recalulating is a smoothing function such as on Centered TMA (Mladen) where the prior x number of candles are adjusted in relation to current candle close.
Backpainting such as in zigzag is where the signal is delayed x number of candles as confirmation before being posted on a prior candle.
Repainting is a straight out periodic revision and correction of past data. This may be on a current run or on a reset or restart.