Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

This non-repainting indicator has a weird name but has a way of indicating correct (and sooner) entries while withstanding minor fluctuations against its direction for keeping in trends better than I've found in others of its kind (like half-trend, oracle move-mod, step MAs, etc). I'm testing it with a low-timeframe algo that I've been working on and am pleased with its forward-testing results so far. This indicator has "bool" lines of code for alerts (in lines 38-40), but it does not produce sound alerts even when changing the code & recompiling to enable them, and my MQL coding knowledge is shallow so I've not been able to fix this myself.

My request(s): I'd be most appreciative if the resident coders could 1) fix the existing code to at least get the sound / popup alerts working, or better yet 2) improve the code with standard menu-selectable options for alerts (alertsOn, alertsOnCurrent, alertsMessage, AlertsSound, etc). And if it's not too much trouble, 3) adding MTF with the "ArrowsOnFirst" option would make this indi even more useful. Thank you!

Kudzu Trader wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:52 am This non-repainting indicator has a weird name but has a way of indicating correct (and sooner) entries while withstanding minor fluctuations against its direction for keeping in trends better than I've found in others of its kind (like half-trend, oracle move-mod, step MAs, etc). I'm testing it with a low-timeframe algo that I've been working on and am pleased with its forward-testing results so far. This indicator has "bool" lines of code for alerts (in lines 38-40), but it does not produce sound alerts even when changing the code & recompiling to enable them, and my MQL coding knowledge is shallow so I've not been able to fix this myself.

My request(s): I'd be most appreciative if the resident coders could 1) fix the existing code to at least get the sound / popup alerts working, or better yet 2) improve the code with standard menu-selectable options for alerts (alertsOn, alertsOnCurrent, alertsMessage, AlertsSound, etc). And if it's not too much trouble, 3) adding MTF with the "ArrowsOnFirst" option would make this indi even more useful. Thank you!
That indicator is a renamed bb stops,made this version mtf with the alerts.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Kudzu Trader

MaxTorque wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:49 am Dear Mrtools,

I use this indicator viewtopic.php?f=579496&t=8413428&start=1290.

Unfortunately he has an error, see picture. Please, can you fix it.

Thanks and Regards

(Hope you have the mq4 file)
Try this one, it seems better.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 3):
MaxTorque, pipsquirrel, mecca404