Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

BambinoFlex wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:50 pm Mr. Tools,

Great indicators that you've created. I'm looking for an ATR Percent based step/regular moving average. Theres one on trading view, I'm only wanting the "R" output:

https://www.tradingview.com/v/seTYoI2K/

My main objective is to use it as a moving average with a 1.5 ATR multiplier. In essence it places a "pivot" line based on the 1.5 ATR Percent difference. It doesn't lag, and it places the next volume one candle in advance but its not much use until the current candle closes because it moves as the current bar moves, either up or down.

Let me know if it's possible for mt4.

Thanks,

Jorge A

Hi - I think you are confused about what you are asking for. A moving average with ATR multipliers, is as you say - moving. The result you will get from that will be ATR Channels which you say you have searched for but aren’t what you are looking for.

Looking at the link in your post, it suggests some sort of forward fixed line projection of an ATR multiple off a zig-zag point which are typically formed by fractals and depending on the indicator, some more calculations. So it’s more of a levels calculation from a given point in time/price. If that is what you are looking for then you could easily doctor an auto-fib indicator to give you ATR levels instead.

In short, if you are looking for a straight line horizontal projection from a moving average, then I can’t see how that can be produced (or why).

rogerha wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:41 am

Hi - I think you are confused about what you are asking for. A moving average with ATR multipliers, is as you say - moving. The result you will get from that will be ATR Channels which you say you have searched for but aren’t what you are looking for.

Looking at the link in your post, it suggests some sort of forward fixed line projection of an ATR multiple off a zig-zag point which are typically formed by fractals and depending on the indicator, some more calculations. So it’s more of a levels calculation from a given point in time/price. If that is what you are looking for then you could easily doctor an auto-fib indicator to give you ATR levels instead.

In short, if you are looking for a straight line horizontal projection from a moving average, then I can’t see how that can be produced (or why).

Awesome! I think you’re right. Yes, the ATR channels is not what I’m looking for but you interpretation is spot on. It’s a levels calculation based on ATR. So my search should be for auto fib indicator (I’ve seen a couple) with ATR as it’s source and play with the buffers to show me what I’m looking for correct?

After reading your post about five more times I understand it now. Yeah, the atr value isn't from the bar itself, its from that zig-zag point. That makes perfect sense. Thank you for interpreting that and putting it in simpler terms.

BambinoFlex wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:35 am

Awesome! I think you’re right. Yes, the ATR channels is not what I’m looking for but you interpretation is spot on. It’s a levels calculation based on ATR. So my search should be for auto fib indicator (I’ve seen a couple) with ATR as it’s source and play with the buffers to show me what I’m looking for correct?

After reading your post about five more times I understand it now. Yeah, the atr value isn't from the bar itself, its from that zig-zag point. That makes perfect sense. Thank you for interpreting that and putting it in simpler terms.
If that it was you want, I think it may be in existence already. Do a wider search for ATR Projections from Zig Zag and you might get closer to your goal. Good luck.

Naughty 77 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:42 pm Dear Mr Tools

Would you kindly be able to add the set of averages list to the following DPO indicator for me, im hoping it can be done and an ex4 file made,would be great

Best regards

Naughty 77
Added the averages for smoothing the Dpo and also for the atr channel.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 5):
pacois, rudiarius, Jimmy, Lodi, Jedidiah

mrTools, I'd like to use this Indicator instead of the buzzer as you suggested, but with the same settings.
Could you please make a correction to the code. It allows me to plot the Red thick line and the other colours as dots, but with the Blue it does not work
the same way. Once I set the blue colour as Line with thickness 2 and the others as Dots, it all turns blue (Pic 1).
It should plot like in pic 2. The visibility is much better this way,
If you could please also add shift option, that would be perfect. Thank you.

Pic1

Pic2