Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Hi, wondering if you could create a time and range bar indicator combined.
A new bar opened at a set range (as normal range bar) and new bar opened on the same chart at a standard time(M1,M5,M15 etc.) so the bar would be opened when a time period passed and when a set range exceeded.
I use a M1 timeframe for entries in the trend direction of a longer range bar chart. I've found that I can't get as good results from the indicator I use on a range bar chart as I do from a 1Min chart after getting the 1Min average candle size and using that on range bar charts or experimenting with different settings. Intrigued to see how it would perform on longer time frame charts where often the bar lengths are large.

Kindest regards

Andrew

Zelias wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:18 pm

Hi MrTools,

Thanks a lot for updating this indicator. Unfortunately, when I load it on the chart, it slows my MT4 tremendeously - is there anything that could be done about it or a lighter version I could use (that has MTF for the averages ribbon)?
Not having that problem here, it's pretty light how it is now, anyway will keep going over the code and see if I can find what might be causing the problem.

JADragon3 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:07 am Whats up peoples. Making a quick post to see if anyone has posted John Ehlers new " Deviation Scaled Moving Average " ? Please let me know whenever it is that you see this message. thanks
I have not seen it either. I understand this is the theory part that explains it: Hopefully MrTools can make something out of it.
The DSMA is an adaptive moving average that features rapid adaptation to volatility in price movement.
It accomplishes this adaptation by modifying the alpha term of an EMA by the amplitude of an oscillator scaled in standard deviations from the mean. The DSMA’s responsiveness can be changed by using different values for the input parameter period.
Please MrTools if you can.
These users thanked the author appsoluxions for the post:
JADragon3

appsoluxions wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:52 pm

Beautiful thang :). Thanks MrTools for code and Jimmy for putting a beautiful statement for Twitter consumption!
Haha thanks for sharing the love bro :wave:
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance