Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

traderduke wrote:Mladen
I tried to code a trend buffer, 1 to 3 & -1 to -3, into this indicator, but failed. Could you show  me the error of my ways? I added the buffer and started the conditions it at line 244 to line 281.

Thank You
Ray

RK-Traders Dynamic Index VISUAL ALERTS-v1.mq4     
Ray,

You are setting value to "trend" buffer only for the current bar

traderduke wrote:
Mladen
I want to make it a trend  = 1 until it change to a 2 not just for the 1 back. I was hoping I could slide bacKward to see the changes. Any Ideas?

Ray 
Ray

For that you have to rewrite the whole block from line 240 to 377 to be within the loop and to use values in the loop, not just the current values

Hello, i have a indicator that i use as my entry point. The arrow signal is mostly appear at the middle of the current candle, when the arrow signal is appear,whenever the current bar is going against the arrow the arrow not dissapear, but sometimes theres a moment when the arrow is appear at the open candle precisely and as long as i use this indicator if i take trade only when the arrow is appear at open candle i think it is good for entry, give a good probability & chance to win, is that possible to make this indicator only show arrow that appear at the open new candle precisely? I use period 4 as my entry. thanks

mahessara wrote:Hello, i have a indicator that i use as my entry point. The arrow signal is mostly appear at the middle of the current candle, when the arrow signal is appear,whenever the current bar is going against the arrow the arrow not dissapear, but sometimes theres a moment when the arrow is appear at the open candle precisely and as long as i use this indicator if i take trade only when the arrow is appear at open candle i think it is good for entry, give a good probability & chance to win, is that possible to make this indicator only show arrow that appear at the open new candle precisely? thanks

mahessara wrote:Hello, i have a indicator that i use as my entry point. The arrow signal is mostly appear at the middle of the current candle, when the arrow signal is appear,whenever the current bar is going against the arrow the arrow not dissapear, but sometimes theres a moment when the arrow is appear at the open candle precisely and as long as i use this indicator if i take trade only when the arrow is appear at open candle i think it is good for entry, give a good probability & chance to win, is that possible to make this indicator only show arrow that appear at the open new candle precisely? I use period 4 as my entry. thanks

It can not be done with that indicator (the most common way is to use open price but that indicator has hard-coded prices that can not be changed)

baraozemo wrote:Hi,

I get the vsa_candle.mq4 and port it to mt5, but something is missing because after plot all histogram
after a few minutes is clearing the histogram graph.

That usually happens when error in the code happens (metatrader 5 is much stricter in that than metatrader 4). Did you check what error do you get in the experts or the journals tab of the terminal?

hi Mladen. Thank you for helping me with this.

With the new MT4 code I can't figure out how to change the iMA mode. 

On the old Vidya version it was easy to find -

double price = iMA(NULL,0,1,0,MODE_SMA,price,i);

How do I change the MA mode on the new one? I can't seem to find it.

The reason I'm asking is, Chande originally used EMA for the volatility oscillator but I noticed a few versions use SMA, so I'd like to test it with different MA modes to find the best fit.

Thanks!  Fudo

mladen wrote:
Fudo

Here you go (multi time frame version)