Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

JeanPierre458 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:52 pm Good day,

I would like yo know if it's possible to combine two indicators or can someone give me some advice please. I'm using xard latest system and it has a auto refresh function for every second and millisecond. But ut doesn't seem to work on my laptop because I have to go up one time frame and go back down for everything to update...

I've added a different spike/cycle indicator so that I can put in my own values but it shows me siganls, I go up one timeframe and back down then additional signals appear. So I would just like the indicator to update every second/ millisecond like on xard system. I'll add a few attachments because not entirely sure which is best or will work if possible.

Any advice and help would be much appreciated

Kind Regards
Are you aware of the repainting?
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
JeanPierre458

Today I have been installing a new mt4 and this indicator would not compile from the mq4 file.
So here is the ex4 file as well (most probably I had download both files together).
chris006 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:05 am The attached Daily H-L histogram indicator shows how many times the high or low of the day occurred in each hourly timeslot. Sadly, it only works for currencies.
Does anybody know of a similar indicator that works for all symbols? Or could our esteemed coders make the attached work for all symbols?

mrtools wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:09 am Are you aware of the repainting?
Hello Sir thank you, yes I'm aware it repaints from time to time but if I add the indicator it doesn't show all the signals. It will show for example 5 spikes up and down "signals" over lets say 50 candles for exampl. I'll go up one time frame and go back to previous timeframe and then all of a sudden there's like 10 spikes over the same 50 candles. The existing 5 are on the same places btw. I'll take a few screenshots to make it a bit more clear if it doesn't make sense. I thought maybe adding the refresh it would help show all 10 spikes weather they repaint or not instead of going up and down timeframes.

The cycle indicator I think works fine as is, it basically just a refresh indicator would be nice so that the page updates every second or as minimum time as possible?? I'm speaking out of correction

JeanPierre458 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:14 am Hello Sir thank you, yes I'm aware it repaints from time to time but if I add the indicator it doesn't show all the signals. It will show for example 5 spikes up and down "signals" over lets say 50 candles for exampl. I'll go up one time frame and go back to previous timeframe and then all of a sudden there's like 10 spikes over the same 50 candles. The existing 5 are on the same places btw. I'll take a few screenshots to make it a bit more clear if it doesn't make sense. I thought maybe adding the refresh it would help show all 10 spikes weather they repaint or not instead of going up and down timeframes.

The cycle indicator I think works fine as is, it basically just a refresh indicator would be nice so that the page updates every second or as minimum time as possible?? I'm speaking out of correction
This here is basically the same except it is using fractals Fractal channel osc. remember fractals repaint too, but the indicator refreshes itself.
Attachments
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
JeanPierre458, Jedidiah

chris006 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:05 am The attached Daily H-L histogram indicator shows how many times the high or low of the day occurred in each hourly timeslot. Sadly, it only works for currencies.
Does anybody know of a similar indicator that works for all symbols? Or could our esteemed coders make the attached work for all symbols?

EDIT 23/08/2022: The mq4 will not compile - see attached ex4.
Do you have the
#include <hanover --- function header (np).mqh>
?

Google returned a post by mntiwana here: Removed link: Mod
The 2 files are attached.

There is also this post by pips4life with the other 3 files that I understand are newer versions:
Removed link: Mod

I have included the links because I guess to you the notes / explanations would be helpful. You could delete links from post or the post itself once you have them.

mrtools wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:03 am Do you have the ?