Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Is there an welles wilder atr bar indicator that changes colour? I think I saw something like this on the forum but cant find it anymore.

it is described as following:
it looks back over 40 bars and marks a “trend change” (flipping colors) when price moves 2.6 ATR’s off the highest high or lowest low of that lookback period. Don’t get too caught up on specific rules, but consider if adapting the concept of some kind of trend indicator wrapped into color rules might help you see charts more clearly. If so, use it. If not, go for clarity and keep things as simple as possible.

thanks for your effort in advance
Attachments
These users thanked the author constbln for the post:
BizanJunior

GraniteChief wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:43 pm Hi, I would like to know if there is an indicator that tells me the number of green candles inside a given time period. Is there any indicator that does this?
Thank you.
GC
Hi GraniteChief,

That indicator counts bearish and bullish bars, summ is shown on the chart in red and green color.
These users thanked the author Csj179t for the post:
GraniteChief
Sincerely,
Sergei

Thecreativex wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:28 am Hello

may i ask for a simple addition to this indicator
i need to add upper and lower levels i know the averages indicator have this feature but unfortunately it makes my mt4 slow cause i use alot of charts

thank u so much for your incredible efforts :)
Hi Thecreativex,

Try to use Banzai's instruction, on how "To Reduce CPU and RAM usage -- MT4 > Tools > Options > Chart --->> Decrease "max bars in history" and "max bars in chart" (My setting is 5000)"

p.s. I personally use 1000 bars.
Sincerely,
Sergei

Csj179t wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:02 pm Hi Thecreativex,

Try to use Banzai's instruction, on how "To Reduce CPU and RAM usage -- MT4 > Tools > Options > Chart --->> Decrease "max bars in history" and "max bars in chart" (My setting is 5000)"

p.s. I personally use 1000 bars.
Thanks for the advice i already tried it i use 1000 bars with the averages indicator but MT4 still laggy
unfortunately my laptop is really mediocre

Thecreativex wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:28 am Hello

may i ask for a simple addition to this indicator
i need to add upper and lower levels i know the averages indicator have this feature but unfortunately it makes my mt4 slow cause i use alot of charts

thank u so much for your incredible efforts :)
Thecreativex wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:21 pm Thanks for the advice i already tried it i use 1000 bars with the averages indicator but MT4 still laggy
unfortunately my laptop is really mediocre
Thecreativex,

Alright.

I tried to help you without indicators modification. You are new here at forex-station and your first posts are about indicators modification requests, and its not really good to start with. Check out rules viewtopic.php?t=8472780 .
First contribute to community. For example, you can start a new topic, telling about your trading strategy using that indicator. Attach screenshots, indicators and template. Write rules for trading....Then in this requests topic ask for help for modification the indicator.

Also I personally dont understand what levels you talking about? You mean you want to add an upper and lower moving averages, using deviation? Like envelopes?
These users thanked the author Csj179t for the post:
Jimmy
Sincerely,
Sergei

Bakueki wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:22 pm 4 time frame BB Stops 1.1 .mq4
4time frame BB stops indicator
Please,add text and arrows and vertical lines (three kinds of color「Buy」「Sell」「Wait」).
Like AOAC and SSRC indicator
When the 4TF colors are the same, Buy or Sell alert.
(When the 4TF color not the same「wait」alert)

text and arrows example
AOAC histo_mtf+alerts+arrows+text nmc.mq4

vertical lines example
SSRC Smoothed (mtf).mq4

Mladen Rakic said here: Bookkeeper (author of ssrc) said a long time ago: ssrc is an indicator of self-deception. Repaint it.

I don't know if this version has solved the problem of repainting.

Csj179t wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:29 pm Thecreativex,

Alright.

I tried to help you without indicators modification. You are new here at forex-station and your first posts are about indicators modification requests, and its not really good to start with. Check out rules viewtopic.php?t=8472780 .
First contribute to community. For example, you can start a new topic, telling about your trading strategy using that indicator. Attach screenshots, indicators and template. Write rules for trading....Then in this requests topic ask for help for modification the indicator.

Also I personally dont understand what levels you talking about? You mean you want to add an upper and lower moving averages, using deviation? Like envelopes?
Sorry i reeeeeeally didn't know about the contribution rule i thought here we can ask for small modifications and i didn't know it can lead to a ban i will make some quality posts then i will request

and what i was asking for was pip levels like one pip above the ma line etc

Thanks for your time and efforts