Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

hobbytrader wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:31 pm Hi Mladen,

I would like to use your Super_Smoothed_Average 1.5 for an EA to test.

It should go long when the slope line turns green,
not trade / exit the position when the slope line is grey
go short when the line turns red.

Since I don't know the source code, I could only have a guess which buffer to take for example.
I put in some pseudo code. Could you probably give me some advise how to address the indicator?

Thank you in advance!

Code: Select all

int Super_Smoothed_Average()
   {

int i;   
   int SSA_Signal=0;

int BarShift = iBarShift(NULL,TimeFrame,Time[i]);   
   double SSA_Trend = iCustom(NULL,TimeFrame,"Super_Smoothed_Average 1.5",PERIOD_CURRENT,AveragePeriod,AveragePrice,AverageMethod,FloatingLevels,SmoothPower,Alerts,AlertsSound,ColorChangeOn,7,BarShift);

if (SSA_Trend == 0) SSA_Signal = 0; // Grey Exit Position / not trade  
   if (SSA_Trend == 1) SSA_Signal = 1; // Long
   if (SSA_Trend == -1) SSA_Signal = -1; // Short

return (SSA_Signal);
   }
hobbytrader,

Use buffer No. 9

Hi Mladen/MrTools
Attached is an adxm indicator by ang3110...I realise that there are many other versions of this, but I really like this one.
May I ask if you would possibly add a sound alert and VLines please.
I only need the alerts when the sig line(it is colored gold) crosses the color changing main line.
If possible,may the alerts be made so that i can independantly turn them off, meaning when I am at the computer, Ii can turn the sound alert off and just have the VLines
Thanks in advance
AussieBeau

AussieBeau wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:42 pm Hi Mladen/MrTools
Attached is an adxm indicator by ang3110...I realise that there are many other versions of this, but I really like this one.
May I ask if you would possibly add a sound alert and VLines please.
I only need the alerts when the sig line(it is colored gold) crosses the color changing main line.
If possible,may the alerts be made so that i can independantly turn them off, meaning when I am at the computer, Ii can turn the sound alert off and just have the VLines
Thanks in advance
AussieBeau

ADXm_ANG3110.mq4
Use newer versions - newer versions were made for multiple reasons - one being to remove the possibility to repaint

AussieBeau wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:18 pm Thanks
AussieBeau
Mladen,
The sig line in the attached indicator,would you please make it so that I can change its color,
It is set as gray and when mixed with the 3 level lines -25 0 25, I canna see it,
I can change all the other lines, main color changing line and the 3 level lines
The only way I can see it is if I delete the 3 level lines and then squint at the screen
AussieBeau

AussieBeau wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:09 pm Mladen,
The sig line in the attached indicator,would you please make it so that I can change its color,
It is set as gray and when mixed with the 3 level lines -25 0 25, I canna see it,
I can change all the other lines, main color changing line and the 3 level lines
The only way I can see it is if I delete the 3 level lines and then squint at the screen
AussieBeau
ADXm (vhf adaptive).mq4
AussieBeau

You already can change its color - in the colors properties of the indicator (the first color)
PS: that is not a signal line (ADXm does not have a signal line). That is the DI value

hobbytrader wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:39 pm Hi Mladen,

thank you very much for your reply.
Could you kindly paste the indicators input parameters as well?
AveragePeriod,AveragePrice,AverageMethod,FloatingLevels.... etc.

The indicator will deliver (1 / - 1 / 0) on Buffer No.9 ?

Thank you in advance!
Those parameters depend on your code, not the called indicator
Create inputs for thos parameters and use them in the iCustom() call the way any iCustom() call uses external parameters