Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

ChuChu Rocket wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:41 pm Do you mean, make it editable in Meta Editor? :think:

Haha, Jeff you're an exception. We love your codes and your sharing heart.

I don't know man, would you honestly be okay if someone ripped one of your best codes and resold it for $299 and named it something shit like "bigbellyprophet.ex4"?

And it kept happening over and over again?

I reckon you'd EX4 your creations a bit from then on bro.
I understand
but I don't base my actions following what bad people do.
I try to help good people in the first place. the rest is not up to me.

also I think that rather trying to prevent people from selling free codes, we should educate people to not buy it.
these are the two "ways" in life, the "right hand" way and the "left hand" way. The left hand way thinks that society should be adapted to man. The right hand way responsabilize people, and focuses on educating people.
I prefer the right hand way.
I'm not saying it's ok to sell free or pirated stuff of course but if nobody buys it then there is no problem.

Jeff
These users thanked the author ionone for the post:
ChuChu Rocket

Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

tkhanfx wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:20 pm Good day Mrtools

No coding request this time, just information, would like to ask you if a certain modification is possible

I've been using nonlag ma and zero lag hma as trend filters for other signal indicators which print arrows on the open price of a new bar(they are nrp), and i only have ex4 files for the signal indicators, but don't think that's an issue. The issue am having is due to the fact that both nonlag ma and zerolag hma consider 2 bars for calculations, so any time if there is a signal when a bar opens and if either nonlag or zerolag hma consider that bar as the 2nd calculation bar, the signal either is delayed or repaints, since the bar is still forming and a trend change has not been established yet but the signal would be waiting to print when that bar opened, so during formation of the bar the signal flickers due to trend recalculations

my question to you is, is it possible to have a user defined signal delay time filter, such that if the user says filter out all signals delayed by 10secs after a bar has opened, that signal will be blocked? it will not flicker or appear at all?

PLease advice if this is possible, and if so how will be it achieved. thank you and your advise is greatly appreciated!
Not sure if it's possible or not.