Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Now.. this is probably going to be a bigger request and I already apologize in advance, but I think this has a great potential to get one of the best indicators for Trading, if you know how to use it.

So I hope someone finds the time to do that. here we go.

1. Button needs a fix, Signals dont get shown and unchecked Bands get shown again when you turn on/off the button (guess refresh problem?)

2. Option to turn off the middle Line which shows the Trend

3. When Candle closes on (or breaks) a Band gives a signal, please an Option for each Band to turn this signal on/off (the signal itself would need to be coded).
If possible, let us be able to change the size and what webdings symbol to use for each signal.

show signals of bands even if band is turned off (but signal is turned on) for example Band1 turned off, Signal Band 1 turned on.

Edit: I am not sure if "Target Bands" recalculates less and it would be better to use. More deviations would be needed to get added.

I suppose the devations are based on ATR as it says in the lazyhusky and they do not repaint too strongly, I care very little about the centred TMA that shows the trend.
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

PumbaPLS wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:35 pm Now.. this is probably going to be a bigger request and I already apologize in advance, but I think this has a great potential to get one of the best indicators for Trading, if you know how to use it.

So I hope someone finds the time to do that. here we go.

1. Button needs a fix, Signals dont get shown and unchecked Bands get shown again when you turn on/off the button (guess refresh problem?)

2. Option to turn off the middle Line which shows the Trend

3. When Candle closes on (or breaks) a Band gives a signal, please an Option for each Band to turn this signal on/off (the signal itself would need to be coded).
If possible, let us be able to change the size and what webdings symbol to use for each signal.

show signals of bands even if band is turned off (but signal is turned on) for example Band1 turned off, Signal Band 1 turned on.
Hi, you would need to post the indicator file.

It looks too smooth to be TMA and so is probably centered TMA which recalculates the previous x number of candles which is probably why the signals appear or disappear on turn off/on.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
PumbaPLS

I found this indicator that has converted a MT5 indicator to MT4
but they did a terrible job by just copy/pasting the code and hoping it will work. The way bars are processed is inversed in MT5 (from 0 to rates_total) while in MT4 it's from Bars to 0.
of course the result is different from the original indicator, but it is quite amazing as a matter of fact
signals are holy grail level.

my question is : is it possible to program the indicator so it gives same result as the wrong MT4 ? or is it not possible at all ?

a little challenge for you programmers.

thanks

Jeff
These users thanked the author ionone for the post (total 2):
PumbaPLS, sal

Ogee wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:51 pm Hi, you would need to post the indicator file.

It looks too smooth to be TMA and so is probably centered TMA which recalculates the previous x number of candles which is probably why the signals appear or disappear on turn off/on.
Thanks for pointing it out, I did everything but forgot the most important :lmao:

edited it to the original post

edit: just to be clear.. I know that it recalculates, this is not why I used those big words of "one of the best indicators)

but if the button option doesnt work it would be unfortunate
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

ionone wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:11 pm I found this indicator that has converted a MT5 indicator to MT4
but they did a terrible job by just copy/pasting the code and hoping it will work. The way bars are processed is inversed in MT5 (from 0 to rates_total) while in MT4 it's from Bars to 0.
of course the result is different from the original indicator, but it is quite amazing as a matter of fact
signals are holy grail level.

my question is : is it possible to program the indicator so it gives same result as the wrong MT4 ? or is it not possible at all ?

a little challenge for you programmers.

thanks

Jeff
The mt4 indicator version does not work on backtest, so it probably wont give those results on real.
These users thanked the author ffsss for the post:
sal