Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

daro84 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:38 am

Hi mrtools
Wonder if you can fix the alarm code of this indi since the mql4 was not released (i think, i didnt find it).
I use some indis in Renko charts, and I detected sometimes it keeps giving the alarm+alert on every price movement. I also found that other indis coded the same way dont have this issue, so I checked 2 open source indis with and without the issue and found and fixed the code that keeps the alert repeating forever at least in Renko charts.

The ones having the issue are indis with alert code as follow (as example):

Code: Select all

doAlert(" Buy")
and found that adding the "loop bar" fixes the issue:

doAlert(whichBar," BUY");
and of course, the corrections on the functions code.

void doAlert(int forBar, string doWhat)
{
   static string   previousAlert="nothing";
   static datetime previousTime;
   string message;

if (previousAlert != doWhat || previousTime != Time[forBar]) {
       previousAlert  = doWhat;
       previousTime   = Time[forBar];
I think you will catch me hahahA
I didnt test them in normal candles, maybe this is only happening with renko/offline charts but if you can fix it I will appreciate it.
Thank you
Damian
Couldn't find anything with the other version, but made some minor changes maybe it will help.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
Thangarasu, pipsquirrel

mrtools wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:18 am

Not sure if it's possible or not.
Can you try sir....just for one time give a try that it can work or not....you always helped me, so if its not possible then no worry...you always provide us gold, sometimes we can understand that every need can't be fulfilled...but if possible just give it a chance....
And yes as always thankyou for your supporting nature,always respect you

mrtools wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:19 am

Are you aware the colors can repaint?
I wasn't but I am not worried about the colour rather than the price being clear of it.
I've attached a screengrab to show how the DZ setting of +1 (Aqua/Yellow) is ahead of the price and I needed the ma to be the same as this is my signal to look for an entry/exit.
Is there a coloured smma that has a +1 shift setting?
Thanks
TEAMTRADER
Attachments