Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Zelias wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:31 pm Hi Team,

Would it be possible to add a Slope change coloring (ideally for Up, Down & Sideways) for the attached indicator? I believe it would be useful when gauging market conditions using BB.

Thank you and hope someone could make it happen.
Added slope change coloring.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 4):
Zelias, reachme, Jimmy, Jedidiah

mtp wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:23 pm

Default values? Its D1 any change you advice for H1? Thank you MRT
Was this a question to me or MrTools?

The way I'll be using it is that I'll have the indicator settings match those of the standard Bollinger Bands that I have on the chart.

The period settings depend on the strategy you're using, so can't help you there. The generally accepted and ones introduced by Mr Bollinger are 20 period, however, for 1 Hour TF a lot of ppl use 24 since there are 24 hours in 1 Day.

Bear in mind that the indi MrTools updated has got a smoothing factor in it, so you'd need to adjust your settings if you're using it (any value higher than 1). For example, if you're using 20 period on your BB on-chart indi, but would like to have 3 smoothing factor in the i-BandsPrice indi - you may wish to set the period to 17 in order for them to match as closely as possible (17+3=20).

Hope this helps and good luck!
These users thanked the author Zelias for the post:
mtp

Holmes27 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:40 am Hello Folks….

Re the attached ‘ADR 1 London Close’ indicator and the attached screenshot; would someone who understands coding please let me know what is the line code number of the line of code that I need to adjust to increase the on-screen text size?

With thanks

Holmes27
Maybe try on line 418 where it says 8 change it to something like fontSize, then put fontSize as an eternal int, then you can control it from your open chart.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Holmes27