Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Thanks, looks great, even with hidden divergence. Your settings are unusual, did you test them to be better? Can you post the older indicator, your version is build from?

If I deactivate lines on an indicator, does that make it faster or does the indicator just don't show the lines like in the rsx indicator of the second post?

What does that mean:

Code: Select all

RsiSignalLinePhase           = 0;            // Rsi signal line jurik phase
AND
enum stdMethods
{
   std_custSam, // Custom - with sample correction
   std_custNos  // Custom - without sample correction
Any news about the small 3ma indicator update?

friend4you wrote:Thanks, looks great, even with hidden divergence. Your settings are unusual, did you test them to be better? Can you post the older indicator, your version is build from?

If I deactivate lines on an indicator, does that make it faster or does the indicator just don't show the lines like in the rsx indicator of the second post?

What does that mean:

RsiSignalLinePhase           = 0;            // Rsi signal line jurik phase
AND
enum stdMethods
{
Any news about the small 3ma indicator update?
The indicator I modified to make the version I posted was the last one you posted. The settings were just from trial and error.

This phase is explained by Mark Jurik

Why does JMA have a PHASE parameter?

There are two ways to decrease noise in a time series using JMA. Increasing the LENGTH parameter will make JMA move slower and thereby reduce noise at the expense of added lag.

Alternatively, you can change the amount of "inertia" contained within JMA. Inertia is like physical mass, the more you have, the more difficult it is to turn direction.
So a filter with lots of inertia will require more time to reverse direction and thereby reduce noise at the expense of overshooting during reversals in the time series.

All strong noise filters have lag and overshoot, and JMA is no exception. However, the JMA's adjustable parameters PHASE and LENGTH offer you a way to select the optimal tradeoff between lag and overshoot. This gives you the opportunity to fine-tune various technical indicators.For example, the chart (at right) shows a fast JMA line crossing over a slower JMA line. To make the fast JMA line turn "on a dime" whenever the market reverses, it was set to have no inertia. In contrast, the slow JMA was set to have large inertia, thereby slowing down its ability to turn during market reversals. This arrangement causes the faster line to cross over the slower line as quickly as possible, thereby producing low lag crossover signals. Clearly, user control of a filter's inertia offers considerable power over filters lacking this capability.

More on this subject here: What are Jurik indicators?

Deactivating any lines will not change the indicator speed. 

About 

that is used with standard deviation.

And the small 3ma indicator is a decompiled indicator, I will not work on a decompiled indicator.
Attachments

friend4you wrote:Dear mrtools!

Thank you very much. Also in the original file you choose to change, the phase calculation doesn't change any values in the data window. Can you check that for errors of the original coder, please?

I found 3ma on a mq4 database on the internet. It's over 4 years old. Many files were once only available for a lot of money like stochastic momentum. But can a calculation be copyrighted or is the code of this simple ma decompiled so badly?
Why is it no problem to work on stochastic momentum, but not on a new way to calculate ma?

Maybe you can tell me, what it does, to what is it very similar. Does it repaint?
friend4you

Try using +100 or -100 for the phase (that is the way how Jurik smoothing works - but don't expect too big differences since the phase for Jurik more or less controls the overshooting

Hi guys,

Looking for a relatively light-weight Volume Profile indicator. Have tried quite a few of them and the one below seems to be ideal (showing last x POCs, Value Area, etc).However, when I load this on several charts, MT4 seems to freeze at times. Looking at CPU it seems this indie loves CPU for breakfast, lunch and dinner.Does anyone know of a good alternative, or see a way to make this indie less of a CPU hog..? Perhaps just update once a minute or so would be a good idea. 
And double-check that old POCs and Volume Profiles are not recalculated over and over again?
Thanks in advance.

Snow

Mladen,Mrtools,Gents,
its so nice to see you here again ..
your efforts and contributions are priceless to the Forex community..
now my question, is it possible to make an expert based on lines that i draw on the chart
regardless of the line name and color
1-the expert will open sell trade when the price cross the level from down up and martingale on the next level tell achieve profit or stop loss and buy will be vise versa ..here is a screen shot explain what i mean

fxover wrote:Mladen,Mrtools,Gents,
its so nice to see you here again ..
your efforts and contributions are priceless to the Forex community..
now my question, is it possible to make an expert based on lines that i draw on the chart
regardless of the line name and color
1-the expert will open sell trade when the price cross the level from down up and martingale on the next level tell achieve profit or stop loss and buy will be vise versa ..here is a screen shot explain what i mean

Hi fxover
First of all you are Welcome here,thanks for joining us
regards
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Hey all, thank you for all your sharings. (special thanks to mladen)

is it possible to create indicator which contains (all-in-one) pivots/opens/high-low for daily,weekly,monthly,yearly?
(with manual timezone adjustment)

High/Low:
previous daily high/low
previous weekly high/low
previous monthly high/low

Opens:
Daily open
Weekly open
Monthly open
Yearly open

Pivots (standard pivot calculation with mid-pivots):
Daily pivots