Re: MT4 Trading Utilities, Chart Tools & Add-ons

I know this has been discussed before and I've read what I could find both here and on the Internet.

I'm looking for something that will allow me to put multi-line notes on my MT4 charts.

I remember being able to display trading rules, etc. on my charts years ago but don't remember how I did it or what I used to do it.

I do know that doing it one line at a time and trying to align everything is not how I did it before. It's extremely annoying and frustrating.

I have tried to use My Color Notes but it's basically the same as Text Label in MT4 except I can do it all at once in the indicator. It's still one line at a time, though.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Terry

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to build a custom indicator using others as examples to understand the code.

I save several different profiles in MT4 to test various strategies.

I would like to put the name of the current MT4 profile on the chart but can't find anything that tells me if I can do it and, if so, what code to use to make the indicator display the name of the profile that I'm currently using.

Is it possible to do?

If so, can someone please share some code to help me along?

TIA for your help.
Terry

In2Blues wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:03 pm Hi everyone,

I'm trying to build a custom indicator using others as examples to understand the code.

I save several different profiles in MT4 to test various strategies.

I would like to put the name of the current MT4 profile on the chart but can't find anything that tells me if I can do it and, if so, what code to use to make the indicator display the name of the profile that I'm currently using.

Is it possible to do?

If so, can someone please share some code to help me along?

TIA for your help.
yes it's possible
use Objects
you got all the code you need here :
https://docs.mql4.com/constants/objectc ... /obj_label