Re: Ichimoku Indicators for MT4

alpha24 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:03 pm Hi,
Ichimoku will not give proper signals nor it made for that purpose. it is based on multi momentum logic. it checks mood of market .if we know how to handle this sword it will help to achieve success.
regards,

"Ichimoku will not give proper signals " - Who are you to know that? you have tried out different settings on different timeframes? Even if, certainly not enough.

"nor it made for that purpose" - Who cares if the indicator got made for that purpose or not? It was published in the laste 1960's, why would you still strictly follow something that got made 60years ago? Get creative.

"it is based on multi momentum logic" - How does that mean that you cant take entries based on it? My whole Trading is based around momentum, same as my entries.

"if we know how to handle this sword it will help to achieve success." - What if we can turn a sword from 1960 that was used in a completely different Market environment AND for stocks, not for Forex or Crypto into a Sniper Rifle? Or a machine gun? Its 2022. A sword wont get you far.

Ichimoku is there for 60Years already, if people still dont know how to handle this "sword" then maybe it was never a sword to begin with.
These users thanked the author PumbaPLS for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, constbln
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

PumbaPLS wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:27 pm "Ichimoku will not give proper signals " - Who are you to know that? you have tried out different settings on different timeframes? Even if, certainly not enough.

"nor it made for that purpose" - Who cares if the indicator got made for that purpose or not? It was published in the laste 1960's, why would you still strictly follow something that got made 60years ago? Get creative.

"it is based on multi momentum logic" - How does that mean that you cant take entries based on it? My whole Trading is based around momentum, same as my entries.

"if we know how to handle this sword it will help to achieve success." - What if we can turn a sword from 1960 that was used in a completely different Market environment AND for stocks, not for Forex or Crypto into a Sniper Rifle? Or a machine gun? Its 2022. A sword wont get you far.

Ichimoku is there for 60Years already, if people still dont know how to handle this "sword" then maybe it was never a sword to begin with.
yes ichimoku doesnt work at all ;) I traded it on this a ccount on the 1min with different settings. regarding the topic what works and what doesnt there is one answer only: If it works for you, it works.
find a system that fits you
Attachments

constbln wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:11 pm yes ichimoku doesnt work at all ;) I traded it on this a ccount on the 1min with different settings. regarding the topic what works and what doesnt there is one answer only: If it works for you, it works.
find a system that fits you

yes ichimoku doesnt work at all ;) I traded it on this a ccount on the 1min with different settings.
I am confused, is it irony? As your account seems to be very solid now
Or are you contraditicting yourself?
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

PumbaPLS wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:27 pm "Ichimoku will not give proper signals " - Who are you to know that? you have tried out different settings on different timeframes? Even if, certainly not enough.

"Who are you to know that? you have tried out different settings on different timeframes? Even if, certainly not enough." - It is quite amazing that you want some one cook for you and feed also. study and find out. creator of this indicator spend 30 years of life. you need some years to study it.

"Who cares if the indicator got made for that purpose or not? It was published in the last 1960's, why would you still strictly follow something that got made 60years ago? Get creative." - we all are studying here to understand other's creation. those who can't understand purpose behind logic, how can create new things. Law of gravity we know, but can't invent new one. though it is old invention we can't ignore it.

"How does that mean that you cant take entries based on it? My whole Trading is based around momentum, same as my entries." - Every indicator has its own characteristics, but many people want accurate buy arrows and sell arrows. so they can trade easily. Holy grail not possible neither in past nor in future.

" What if we can turn a sword from 1960 that was used in a completely different Market environment AND for stocks, not for Forex or Crypto into a Sniper Rifle? Or a machine gun? Its 2022. A sword wont get you far." - Mind is lethal weapon than sophisticated arms. old is not always Garbage. there is saying,"Old is Gold".
now I am agree that with creativity you can twist this indicator according to your requirement.

"Ichimoku is there for 60Years already, if people still don't know how to handle this "sword" then maybe it was never a sword to begin with."- Gerald apeal -never mentioned much about MACD. Jim sloman- never told in detail about ocean theory or delta phenomenon. it is untold rule that those who created trading indicator not for public, but for themselves and for their own trading. why they will tell us secrets of their indicators? Thus the books about Ichimoku from Goici Hosoda are in Japanese language not published yet. so this indicator is used on only guesswork . so if you look some usefulness in this indicator, twist it according to your trading style or find another indicator for your trading style.

" Who are you to know that? " - I am Nothing, just learning and learning and learning.
Complexity Is The Enemy Of Execution

mrtools wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:59 am Ichimoku Indicators for Metatrader 4

Ichimoku Kinko Hyo (IKH) (Japanese一目均衡表, Ichimoku Kinkō Hyō), usually shortened to "Ichimoku", is a technical analysis method that builds on candlestick charting to improve the accuracy of forecast price moves.
Ichimoku

ahtf = automatic higher time frame

Also check out other settings:

Fast Kumo = (7,12,15)
Slow Kumo = (7,21,48)

I saw a trader used (6,6,52) for M1 scalping.
These users thanked the author Banzai for the post (total 4):
太虚一毫, josi, Jedidiah, RodrigoRT7

Banzai wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:32 pm Ichimoku

ahtf = automatic higher time frame

Also check out other settings:

Fast Kumo = (7,12,15)
Slow Kumo = (7,21,48)
Hi Banzai :),

Could you add a button to this beauty? You know we love buttons here on Forex Station :D

Regards,
BeatlemaniaSA
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post (total 2):
Jimmy, Jedidiah
BEATS V5 - "Enjoy The Quiet Between Trades”

Improve Your Trading Psychology - NO FEAR, NO DOUBT

BeatlemaniaSA wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:01 pm Hi Banzai :),

Could you add a button to this beauty? You know we love buttons here on Forex Station :D

Regards,
BeatlemaniaSA
Fast Kumo = (7,12,15)
Slow Kumo = (7,21,48)

Fast Kumo Clouds (7,12,15) is very close to
Bollinger Bands default [SMA(20)] for EURJPY.
These users thanked the author Banzai for the post (total 7):
josi, BeatlemaniaSA, 太虚一毫, thomdel, excellence, Thangarasu, RodrigoRT7