Re: Ichimoku Indicators for MT4

thewealthlifters wrote:Mr Tools,
Thanks for your great work here, Could you please check this attached indicator, it gives alert twice in the alert pop-up window when used in mtf, i want it to give alert once, i attached a picture with the highlighted problem . thanks

Wealthlifters, couldn't find what could be causing that, only possibility I could think of was in mtf mode it being called an extra time, but really not sure. Anyway changed to the lighter cpu mtf and tried the alerts, which worked, and it didn't duplicate the problem you were having with them. So hopefully it's fixed in this version.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Modahen77

mrtools wrote:
Wealthlifters, couldn't find what could be causing that, only possibility I could think of was in mtf mode it being called an extra time, but really not sure. Anyway changed to the lighter cpu mtf and tried the alerts, which worked, and it didn't duplicate the problem you were having with them. So hopefully it's fixed in this version.
wow, thanks for the fast reply, I'll try the lighter version. thanks again.

Hi Mr. Tools,would it be possible to use your "Kumo_Breakout_Histo mtf lines" for an
EA to support manual trading like:

Code: Select all

double KumoUP = iCustom(NULL,TimeFrame,indicatorFileName,PERIOD_CURRENT,Tenkan,Kijun,Senkou,0,UpHistoColor,DnHistoColor,NuHistoColor,BreakoutPrice,alertsOn,alertsOnCurrent,alertsMessage,alertsSound,alertsNotify,alertsEmail,verticalLinesVisible,linesOnNewest,verticalLinesID,verticalLinesUpColor,verticalLinesDnColor,verticalLinesNuColor,verticalLinesStyle,verticalLinesWidth,0,y);
double KumoDN = iCustom(NULL,TimeFrame,indicatorFileName,PERIOD_CURRENT,Tenkan,Kijun,Senkou,0,UpHistoColor,DnHistoColor,NuHistoColor,BreakoutPrice,alertsOn,alertsOnCurrent,alertsMessage,alertsSound,alertsNotify,alertsEmail,verticalLinesVisible,linesOnNewest,verticalLinesID,verticalLinesUpColor,verticalLinesDnColor,verticalLinesNuColor,verticalLinesStyle,verticalLinesWidth,1,y);
double KumoNL = iCustom(NULL,TimeFrame,indicatorFileName,PERIOD_CURRENT,Tenkan,Kijun,Senkou,0,UpHistoColor,DnHistoColor,NuHistoColor,BreakoutPrice,alertsOn,alertsOnCurrent,alertsMessage,alertsSound,alertsNotify,alertsEmail,verticalLinesVisible,linesOnNewest,verticalLinesID,verticalLinesUpColor,verticalLinesDnColor,verticalLinesNuColor,verticalLinesStyle,verticalLinesWidth,2,y);

//|-----------Trade Conditions

int tradesignal=0;
      if (KumoUP>0)tradesignal=1; // BUY
      if (KumoDN>0)tradesignal=2; // SELL
      if (KumoNL>0)tradesignal=3; // CLOSE POSITION

I guess it may be even worth it to use your "Ichikoku mtf alters.mq4" buffers "trend1" till "trend5" to implement a real proper Ichimoku Kumo strategy into an EA.Thank you in advace!

hobbytrader wrote:Hi Mr. Tools,would it be possible to use your "Kumo_Breakout_Histo mtf lines" for an
EA to support manual trading like:

Code: Select all

double KumoUP = iCustom(NULL,TimeFrame,indicatorFileName,PERIOD_CURRENT,Tenkan,Kijun,Senkou,0,UpHistoColor,DnHistoColor,NuHistoColor,BreakoutPrice,alertsOn,alertsOnCurrent,alertsMessage,alertsSound,alertsNotify,alertsEmail,verticalLinesVisible,linesOnNewest,verticalLinesID,verticalLinesUpColor,verticalLinesDnColor,verticalLinesNuColor,verticalLinesStyle,verticalLinesWidth,0,y); double KumoDN = iCustom(NULL,TimeFrame,indicatorFileName,PERIOD_CURRENT,Tenkan,Kijun,Senkou,0,UpHistoColor,DnHistoColor,NuHistoColor,BreakoutPrice,alertsOn,alertsOnCurrent,alertsMessage,alertsSound,alertsNotify,alertsEmail,verticalLinesVisible,linesOnNewest,verticalLinesID,verticalLinesUpColor,verticalLinesDnColor,verticalLinesNuColor,verticalLinesStyle,verticalLinesWidth,1,y); double KumoNL = iCustom(NULL,TimeFrame,indicatorFileName,PERIOD_CURRENT,Tenkan,Kijun,Senkou,0,UpHistoColor,DnHistoColor,NuHistoColor,BreakoutPrice,alertsOn,alertsOnCurrent,alertsMessage,alertsSound,alertsNotify,alertsEmail,verticalLinesVisible,linesOnNewest,verticalLinesID,verticalLinesUpColor,verticalLinesDnColor,verticalLinesNuColor,verticalLinesStyle,verticalLinesWidth,2,y); //|-----------Trade Conditions int tradesignal=0; if (KumoUP>0)tradesignal=1; // BUY if (KumoDN>0)tradesignal=2; // SELL if (KumoNL>0)tradesignal=3; // CLOSE POSITION 
I guess it may be even worth it to use your "Ichikoku mtf alters.mq4" buffers "trend1" till "trend5" to implement a real proper Ichimoku Kumo strategy into an EA.Thank you in advace!Please excuse my question, but why use it in an EA for manual trading when you have the file there with alerts?

hobbytrader wrote:Hi Mr.Tools,

I would use it for trading support. Let's imagine you have a position
open which will run over night, and all of a sudden the market condition change.

The EA should be able to close the position and open a new one 
which will reflect the new market condition.

Oh ok, if price goes into the kumo cloud then close your position, only reopen your position if your indicator agrees and the price is leaving the kumo cloud? Think I have something like that in my files, once I find it will post it.