Re: Ichimoku Indicators for MT4

Jimmy wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:17 pm Ichimoku Thunder And Clouds

I'd like to expand on this one if I may. I've emulated the Thunder and Clouds settings using a pair of Mrtools's AHTF MTF Ichimoku (no smoothing).
I really find fascination in things like this. Thank you Banzai 🤗

This is a decent idea, but needs to be used only in the two most busiest market times. I'm talking:

• London Session
  • US Session

Indeed, this is a smart "crossover" strategy, but it needs to be used only when the market is moving (for now).

I hate recommending additional indicators for confluence, but in this instance you'll need an additional confirmation indicator to get the most out of it (especially if you're new to trading).

Takeaway notes:

This is a smart idea, but I think it would greatly benefit from added Jurik Smoothing whilst using these settings to help us with lag and possibly assist us with weeding out the false crosses. Only then, I think we can do away with an additional confirmation indicator 👌

This template contains:

• Non-repainting Ichimoku by Mrtools with Solid Filled coloring for the clouds
  • AHTF (Auto Higher Timeframe, Multi-timeframe) ability
  • The latest Thick Wick (Custom Candlestick) indicator by Mrtools - Now with Auto-adjusting candlesticks 🆕
  • Dark mode chart theme
  • Additional information PDF
Thanks for the nice template, can add jurik but with the way the Kumo cloud is calculated the jurik, will probably add a little lag but will definitely make, it smoother. Gonna experiment and see what I can come up with.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 3):
Jimmy, BeatlemaniaSA, Jedidiah

mrtools wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:49 am Thanks for the nice template, can add jurik but with the way the Kumo cloud is calculated the jurik, will probably add a little lag but will definitely make, it smoother. Gonna experiment and see what I can come up with.
This is a version pre smoothed with jurik, if you set the smooth length to 1 or less than 1 it should be the same as not smoothed, think this is probably the way to go for the less lag. Also added an option to have a choice to shift the cloud back, a normal Kumo cloud is shifted Kijun bars forward.

Second picture Kijun shift = false.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 7):
太虚一毫, Jimmy, talaate, andrei-1, stond, BeatlemaniaSA, Jedidiah

mrtools wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:59 pm This is a version pre smoothed with jurik, if you set the smooth length to 1 or less than 1 it should be the same as not smoothed, think this is probably the way to go for the less lag. Also added an option to have a choice to shift the cloud back, a normal Kumo cloud is shifted Kijun bars forward.

Second picture Kijun shift = false.
Epic, you're a saint brother. This is looking nice from your screenshots and I'm loading it up right now! 😊

PS: It looks like it can also be "stacked" with multiple instances on the chart, too without having to change the indicator "i.d" in options. Neat!
Attachments
Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

josi wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:32 pm I really don't want to spoil the party - but where exactly does it produce better signals than "simple" MAs?
Is there something I simply can't see?

most oscillators show VERY similar things and yet the web is full with differently named oscillators.

if you prefer your MA´s thats good, some may like the ichimoku more, maybe simply because they like ichimoku.

No one said its the holy grail, its just well coded and is visually appealing.

I dont think someone said that it gives better signals than MAs or better signals than any other indicators
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

Jimmy wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:11 pm Epic, you're a saint brother. This is looking nice from your screenshots and I'm loading it up right now! 😊

PS: It looks like it can also be "stacked" with multiple instances on the chart, too without having to change the indicator "i.d" in options. Neat!
same but different...and nice (mechanical tl's no hindsight) ;)
Attachments