DownloadRe: MT4 Indicators with alerts/signals

mrtools wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:50 pm Have this one, not sure if it's what your looking for.

Hello mrtools,

I am trying to make a modification to this indicator using eabuilder.com to create an arrow when the LimeGreen part of the histogram is above 0.01 (JPY pairs) but none of the buffers seem to work. I have tried all the buffers shown in the screenshot. I have used this method to test other indicators including moving averages crossing but for some reason, it doesn't work with this indicator as well as the the WAE indicators.
Can you explain what the problem might be and how it should be approached to get the desired result stated above?
Thank you in advance.
Attachments

Re: MT4 Indicators with alerts/signals

kai007 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:17 am Hello mrtools,

I am trying to make a modification to this indicator using eabuilder.com to create an arrow when the LimeGreen part of the histogram is above 0.01 (JPY pairs) but none of the buffers seem to work. I have tried all the buffers shown in the screenshot. I have used this method to test other indicators including moving averages crossing but for some reason, it doesn't work with this indicator as well as the the WAE indicators.
Can you explain what the problem might be and how it should be approached to get the desired result stated above?
Thank you in advance.
Not sure how you can modify an indicator using an eabuilder? Why not simply use osma >< 0 if it's an EA.

Re: MT4 Indicators with alerts/signals

mrtools wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:48 am Not sure how you can modify an indicator using an eabuilder? Why not simply use osma >< 0 if it's an EA.
Hey mrtools,

Thanks for your quick reply.
I use eabuilder to combine multiple indicators that work with each other to give a buy or sell signal and the result is an indicator not an EA.
I do this so that I can visually backtest and make tweaks to the settings so that I can improve my algorithm.
I tried using all buffers shown in the screenshot but in the end, nothing is being shown.

This is how i test indicators individually before I integrate it into my algorithm.
Attachments