Re: MT4 Indicators with alerts/signals

Gentlemen and ladies so inclined, please look at this indicator and tell me what I am doing wrong as it will simply not alert. I am running it on M-1 TF to see what is going on, but without any success. See attached screen-print for settings used.
All I want it to do is to alert when the colour changes on the central line.
Thanking you sincerely in advance.

Hercs wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:20 pm Gentlemen and ladies so inclined, please look at this indicator and tell me what I am doing wrong as it will simply not alert. I am running it on M-1 TF to see what is going on, but without any success. See attached screen-print for settings used.
Alert message = true

Hercs wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:20 pm Gentlemen and ladies so inclined, please look at this indicator and tell me what I am doing wrong as it will simply not alert. I am running it on M-1 TF to see what is going on, but without any success. See attached screen-print for settings used.
if you are looking for the alert on centerline colour change, then it's called slope.

alertOn = true
alertOnSlope = true
alertMessage = true
alertSound = true

keep the rest all false

caution: TMAcentered recalculates and the slope can (will) change, so better use it for estimation and not as a signal.
These users thanked the author thiru for the post:
Hercs

thiru wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:55 pm

if you are looking for the alert on centerline colour change, then it's called slope.

alertOn = true
alertOnSlope = true
alertMessage = true
alertSound = true

keep the rest all false

caution: TMAcentered recalculates and the slope can (will) change, so better use it for estimation and not as a signal.
Thanks thiru, I have tried all the combinations without any success - will give it another shot before close of day.
As far as the re-calculating is concerned, I am aware of that - the alert is just to get my focus onto a particular chart.
Appreciate the help though.

Hercs wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:26 am
Pacois, the indicator you so kindly posted, also does not give me a voice alert. Mine is still hands down better on hourly chart, but alas I cannot get it to work properly on M-15.
MrTools should you perhaps read this, won't you please take a look at my request plse?
Thanks in advance.
Hi. I have tried both the message and the sound work. You have to activate them
These users thanked the author pacois for the post:
Hercs