Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

TransparentTrader wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:28 am Kvak I have a small question for you.

I was comparing the M1 data feeds for OANDA on MetaTrader 4 vs. TradingView, and it appears the indicator shows up slightly differently in both platforms. See the two pictures below.

Do you notice how in the last few candles, the MT4 version shows a crossover and a change of color whereas no such crossover exists on the TradingView version?

Why is this happening? Is it due to minute differences in price feeds that makes the indicator appear different? Or perhaps the rounding numbers for calculation values are different in TradingView vs. MetaTrader 4?
I have only MT4-5. Dont really know, but try compare some candles whats I marked in your picture....and I see differences, whats maybe make different signals...
Attachments
These users thanked the author kvak for the post:
Jedidiah

kvak wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:03 am I have only MT4-5. Dont really know, but try compare some candles whats I marked in your picture....and I see differences, whats maybe make different signals...

Oooooh, good catch! Wasn't looking closely at how some of the candles are just slightly different. I imagine that explains a lot of what I'm seeing.

Thanks for pointing this out.
These users thanked the author TransparentTrader for the post:
kvak

aggieman01 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:27 pm If you can give me the mq4 file I can code the function. This function helps when you have multiple charts open and once the dot appear it switches to that chart.
Didn't have the code of that one and not sure why I did it in ex4. anyway, did this version not sure how close to that one it is.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, aggieman01

Mr.Tools,

Here's the indicator with added chart to front function. Makes it easier when you have multiple pairs charts open and this function will move your chart to front that has the current arrow formed upon candle close. Thank you for the mq4 file.
These users thanked the author aggieman01 for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, sal