Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

optionhk wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:08 pm Great observation.What size would you please suggest based on your trial and error efforts? Thanks.
I use different values for period, filter period and my filter value is between 3.5 and 4. Usually, with other advanced trending indicators, increasing the filter value to these levels will make signals come very very late (or never), but evwma somehow can still give solid results while filtering a lot of noise. Adding picture as an example from 2 days back with horrible EURUSD price action and just 1 loss (and 1 partial win). The result (if your SL would be 40+) would be -21 pips and +10 pips EOD (+18 max value), making it a bearable losing day. In my case, it was -25 +10. Other indis would do 3-6 switches or would have periods and values so high up it would be a signal-free day.

Many say, M1 is just random chaos, an untradeable timeframe and it sometimes shows (like this example). But even on losing days,the question is how much you lose and nothing is worse than a series of quick losing trades.

To me, evwma shows the best potential to fine-tune it for every pair on a crazy TF like 1M. It is still a ton of work, but if someone were to code a simple EA, things could move much faster. Anything above 55% WR with a certain MM (i use 25/25 or 30/25 for EU) would be great and reaching 60% WR would make it as close to holy grail as you can get. Still no rags-to-riches in a month but slowly building the account doesnt matter the market circumstances and with minimum emotional input.
Attachments

Continue of my 2x ma cross...
Now it is 3 ma cross.
Have lot of menu, show-hide candles ,long MA, fast,medium MA.
Arrows for fast MA cross medium MA or medium MA cross long MA, also show or not.
Mtf and alerts, 8 averages method.
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 6):
太虚一毫, Woodyz, thomdel, Thangarasu, MayaxatL, Jedidiah

kvak wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:56 am Button added. But, there is a I-custom limited for MTF and I must some menu for coloring get out...
How about colour change on slope change as an extra?

P.S.: two readings (using MAs): one says up, one says down, current time, current place:
[yes, I know, range, area of strong resistance - if up - or support - if down - etc etc;]
(what I am trying to say is: a) it is all in the inputs; b) profitable or not isn't decided by the MAs or the inputs but by back- and forward-testing your strategy...)
Attachments