Re: Simple Expert Advisors (EA's) for MT4

Dear mladen and senior coders
Is it possible to create a simple moving average cross EA for MT4 with these settings for a binary options strategy please?
The time frame is the chart time frame (M1, M5, M15 etc...) and expiration should be a setting in the EA (1 candle or 2 candles or 3 candles or 5 candles etc...).
Probably it will require a filter but I want to test first so to see the rates of win, loss & draw.
When the moving averages cross occur is it possible to plot a vertical line on the screen instead of the usual arrow please?
Thanks
merka

mntiwana wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:53 am Supertrend
Here is super trend EA,it seems a bit older version,almost using old version "supertrend" indicator with stochastic as an filter too
Dear Mntiwana,

there seems to be a problem with the Supertrend EA you attached. When I try to run it I can see it gets attached to the chart but in the the terminal's Experts tab it reports that it cannot open the file.

2017.08.01 15:54:56.297 cannot open file 'C:\Users\Acer\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\50CA3DFB510CC5A8F28B48D1BF2A5702\MQL4\indicators\Supertrend.ex4' [2]

If you know how to sort it out you answer is much appreciated.

Tnx.

Dostoyevsky wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:02 am

Dear Mntiwana,

there seems to be a problem with the Supertrend EA you attached. When I try to run it I can see it gets attached to the chart but in the the terminal's Experts tab it reports that it cannot open the file.

2017.08.01 15:54:56.297 cannot open file 'C:\Users\Acer\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\50CA3DFB510CC5A8F28B48D1BF2A5702\MQL4\indicators\Supertrend.ex4' [2]

If you know how to sort it out you answer is much appreciated.

Tnx.
Made some corrections as per my poor knowledge,experts can better advise
and it is working now with me without the problem you mentioned
and i tried applied "mrtools" corrected "supertrend" indicator with built in stoch- attached here too
EA files replaced at original post too
These users thanked the author mntiwana for the post:
pipmagnet
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

I must admit I lost the plot with this supertrend. All of them have the same name but in fact one is an indicator and the other an Expert Advisor (EA). I managed to figure out that much. I also noticed that you'd changed the code in the EA but that's beyond me as I don't understand what you did. I believe you did the right thing.
Thank you very much for your time and effort.

Dostoyevsky wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:19 am I must admit I lost the plot with this supertrend. All of them have the same name but in fact one is an indicator and the other an Expert Advisor (EA). I managed to figure out that much. I also noticed that you'd changed the code in the EA but that's beyond me as I don't understand what you did. I believe you did the right thing.
Thank you very much for your time and effort.
Yes,i have not made changes in names for both and keep as original by authors - may i help you :)

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Dear Mntiwana,

I've just checked the supertrend and the situation is as follows. There's no open trades although both supertrend indicator and supertrend EA are attached to the chart. The experts tab in the terminal reports this:
2017.08.03 12:15:03.602 Supertrend EURUSD,M5: Error opening BUY order : 131
All of them are for BUY only. It doesn't report anything for SELL but at the same time it does not open any sell positions.
I'm using your supertrend EA.
The supertrend EA calls / depends on the supertrend indicator. Does it mean I can call some other supertrend indicators like "SuperTrend averages 2.4"?

Kind Regards.
Attachments

Dostoyevsky wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:48 am Dear Mntiwana,

I've just checked the supertrend and the situation is as follows. There's no open trades although both supertrend indicator and supertrend EA are attached to the chart. The experts tab in the terminal reports this:
2017.08.03 12:15:03.602 Supertrend EURUSD,M5: Error opening BUY order : 131
All of them are for BUY only. It doesn't report anything for SELL but at the same time it does not open any sell positions.
I'm using your supertrend EA.
The supertrend EA calls / depends on the supertrend indicator. Does it mean I can call some other supertrend indicators like "SuperTrend averages 2.4"?

Kind Regards.
Brother,As i explained in first post that this EA is old one and using old version super trend,only i posted for your inquiry/interest and experimenting and to be familiar with how EA's do work,but i suggest to use some newest EA using newest version super trend indicator,of course today trading is more fast and different in many ways comparing to some few years back
Any way i will be try to find some newest one too but i am not sure if any there - again i suggest - use this of MLADEN's version EA "simple (stepma of rsi adaptive tema 1.1) EA v1.42" and it using indicator "StepMA of rsi adaptive tema 1.1" i believes far far better than any super trend EA + indicator

Hercs wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:35 am Gentlemen,
I have scanned the entire Thread for a Trend Envelope EA, but could not find it.
Is it possible to code an EA based on Trend Envelope crossed by the price or is there any other reason why this has not been done yet?
Would appreciate a reply.
Thanking you most sincerely,
Generally once-one post/request is enough :)
it is replied and now you can have said EA