Re: MT4 Multi Time Frame (MTF) Indicators

pacois wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:36 am
Hello, Looking forward to MrTools , try this variation, I do not know if it is correct and if it works.
Dear pacois ,

been playing with this indy and not sure about how if it should be configured;
Say, if I'm using the 1m chart then when I set the TIME setting to PERIOD_5 or PERIOD_15, we get the lower time frame channel. While setting it with PERIOD_H1 gives the high time frame channel

Confused with the HOURS setting, since this seems to have no effect on the channel, how is this suppose to work?
My expectation is this to behave something like period setting, so we can choose the number of bars to look at it for the channel. But it won't behave that way.

I suppose the AutoHours set to true advances the channel automatically.

Could you enlighten us, please?

thiru wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:49 pm

Dear pacois ,

been playing with this indy and not sure about how if it should be configured;
Say, if I'm using the 1m chart then when I set the TIME setting to PERIOD_5 or PERIOD_15, we get the lower time frame channel. While setting it with PERIOD_H1 gives the high time frame channel

Confused with the HOURS setting, since this seems to have no effect on the channel, how is this suppose to work?
My expectation is this to behave something like period setting, so we can choose the number of bars to look at it for the channel. But it won't behave that way.

I suppose the AutoHours set to true advances the channel automatically.

Could you enlighten us, please?
Hello, the first parameter Hours is the number of bars, I only added TME to change the period, but I do not know the behavior in real time.

24 hours and 1 hour TIME are the original parameters.

pacois wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:03 pm
Hello, the first parameter Hours is the number of bars, I only added TME to change the period, but I do not know the behavior in real time.

24 hours and 1 hour TIME are the original parameters.
Unfortunately, the HOURS settings have no effect.

Otherwise, the TIME setting that you have introduced works if we want to see the long and short terms trends.

It will be nice to have HOURS setting working as well, so hope mrtools can have a look at it.

thiru wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:24 pm

Unfortunately, the HOURS settings have no effect.

Otherwise, the TIME setting that you have introduced works if we want to see the long and short terms trends.

It will be nice to have HOURS setting working as well, so hope mrtools can have a look at it.
Ask better for mrTools, however if auto hours on false the parameter works.
These users thanked the author pacois for the post:
thiru

pacois wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:33 pm

Ask better for mrTools, however, if auto hours on false the parameter works.
edit 1
OK, getting it now

I just put it up with these settings on a 1M chart

HOURS setting to 1, TIME Setting to 15 Min, with AutoHour set to false,
it draws a channel with 15 bars

HOURS setting to 2, TIME Setting to 15 Min, with AutoHour set to false,
it draws a channel with 30 bars

HOURS setting to 12, TIME Setting to 15 Min, with AutoHour set to false,
it draws a channel with 160 bars (12 x 15)

HOURS setting to 50, TIME Setting to 15 Min, with AutoHour set to false,
It draws a channel with 770 bars (suppose to 50 x 15)

edit 2
with autohour set to true, the channel seems to be more correct. even though the no of bars is auto adjusted.

well, we can live with that :)
These users thanked the author thiru for the post:
pacois